Inspired by Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A play by post 5E DnD campaign created and played by fans of The Adventure Zone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese

Go down 
+2
Ezythyr Coalthane
lord8track
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentCurrentTotalTotal
Hit PointsHit Points99999999
Temporary Hit PointsTemporary Hit PointsN/A

Inspiration: No

Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 1:01 am

[Ezythyr's non-lethal attack roll of 9 + 5 beats Daggard's AC of 13.]

Daggard falls unconscious from the blow to the head, and the robbers are now all defeated. Not soon afterward, the party hears the orc male cook emerge from the restaurant door. Looking across the area, he makes note of the bodies (and of the partially digested one), then calls out to you.

"Well... thanks for sticking up for me, you got spirit, kids. I think I finally perfected a great cinnamon roll pancake stack, and you all bought me just the right amount of time and focus to get it down."

The orc cook then turns his head in a moment of consideration, towards the side of the building. He turns back to the party and continues, "If you would do me an extra favor and bring these boys... or whatever's left of 'em... around to the side, I can hack 'em to bits and stick 'em in the cooler. Always nice to have 'humie' meat for special occasions."

"You are not quite the sort that the boss is lookin' for, but you deffo got my endorsement."

[Open for responses, actions, questions to the cook, etc. - DM]

Last edited by lord8track on Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thematic Police)
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Name: Ezythyr Coalthane
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838
Temporary Hit PointsTemporary Hit Points14

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 4:32 am

"No. These men will be turned in to the authorities." Ezythyr gestures to Daggard. "This one confessed to bein' impostors. They murdered a group o' greenwardens and stole their armor." He then gestures to where Glissen is enjoying her meal. "That was an unfortunate case o' self defense. His bones are claimed."

---

OOC: I don't feel comfortable just butchering these guys. I won't let them be killed.
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Name: Thokk Warhorn
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 7:12 am

"It's no problem, bud. Glad to have your endorsement though. Maybe we can collect on a couple of those cinnamon roll pancakes as well?" Thokk asked earnestly. He knew to keep himself in a possible employer's good graces, and it had been so long since he'd had anything like work. He turned to his party, "Y'all coming?"
Back to top Go down
galaxysedge

Character sheet
Name: Eledriar Glaeson
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2025

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 8:34 am

"Count me in as hell, my man," Eledriar says with a grin, walking towards Thokk and clapping her hand on his shoulder. "I don't really care what happens to these guys -" and here she tilts her head in the direction of the fallen foes - "as long as they get what's coming to 'em."
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 12:37 pm

"Can't blame a lazy old wolf for tryin'... Probably best to not to build the boss' brand on a foundation of mysteriously missing fellas. Leave 'em out front, and I'll have Lark send a message to the Enclave about these guys."

The orc motions you to place the men near the entrance of the restaurant. Lark is in the doorway holding rope, ready to bind the men by their arms and legs. Together, you enter the House of Angry Pancakes again, ready to finish your meals and begin a new contract.

What a wonderful way to begin an adventure!!!
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 12:50 pm

[Congratulations, you've solved my "Please negotiate for the claim on this work contract... Oops wait never mind, please defeat these ranger-robbers in combat" puzzle!

First off, please advance your stats and skills to Level 2. Post your updates to the Stat Rolls section and update your character sheets accordingly. Also add all applicable gear and items obtained to your character sheet inventories. Adding any new spells/spell slots/exhaustible skills to your post signature like Josh / Ezythyr is encouraged, and super useful to me too!

Dawn / Cordial, you'll start at Level 2, and turns out you were sitting in the restaurant the entire time! You can introduce yourself and join the group however you see fit after the Chapter 2 exposition post.

Assume recovery of all hit points at the start of Chapter 2. - DM]
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: EPILOGUE   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 10:50 pm

A thunderous voice echos out, vibrating down corridors shimmering with light and radiance.

"WHERE ARE MY LIEUTENANTS???"

Several footfalls sound out, as an armored squad enters the throne room. "Reporting for duty, sir!" The soldiers all lower their heads and fall to one knee, awaiting orders, while the captain looks back up.

The loud, imposing voice bellows out again. "They will be coming soon, prepare an appropriate welcome for them."

The soldiers look side-eyed at each other, making sure to avoid eye contact with their master and commander. "Sir... begging your pardon... who, exactly, is coming?" the captain asks with trepidation.

An angry but tempered growl precedes the master's response. "Your former captain was equally as skeptical, before he had his... accident. This time, for some reason... I believe we will have worthy challengers at our gates. Very, very soon! And this time, we will emerge victorious and expand our dominion of this realm. Go now, and have a little faith in your commander."

"Yes, of course, my lord," the captain replies flatly, bowing and leading his squad out of the chamber, "we serve you without question."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7