Inspired by Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A play by post 5E DnD campaign created and played by fans of The Adventure Zone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese

Go down 
+2
Ezythyr Coalthane
lord8track
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Name: Thokk Warhorn
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentCurrentTotalTotal
Hit PointsHit Points2828
Temporary Hit PointsTemporary Hit PointsN/A

Inspiration: No

Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 7:54 am

Ooc: nice! Rolling damage

1d8 + 2
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 7:54 am

The member 'Mikegld561' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd8' : 8
Back to top Go down
https://inspiredbyadventure.forumotion.com
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points99999999

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 12:13 pm

[Springwarden Axel Foalee takes 10 points of slashing damage from Thokk Warhorn, and well...]

Knowing a tasty slash was inbound for his midsection, Axel begins to roll toward his foe and prepares a counterattack. Unfortunately, as he began to initiate his deft maneuver, Axel's neck happened to be at the exact level of Thokk's longsword, mid-upward strike. A brief flash in Axel's eyes alluded to the blur of one's life events passing in fleeted memory, and the sound of shearing flesh ends his flashback and sends him to the next world. Blood splatters and squirts from the stump of Axel's body, and as it flounders to the ground, his head travels in the opposite direction, flying skyward and landing rather cleanly atop the House of Angry Pancakes. The Springwarden formerly known as Axel Foalee was very much dead.
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 12:36 pm

[Springwarden Daggard Stabbyns is next in the order.]

Daggard looks upon the chaos wrought by this party of adventurers. Between the plebian taking potshots at his head, the foolhardy one that just lost his head, and the supposed leader of this gang having no control of what came out of his head (or ass), Daggardhad resolved to keep his own head on a swivel. He pivots on his rear foot, preparing to leap towards Akira, when a slight white flash is seen, and a small wound erupts from Daggard'scalf.

"Owww, what the hell!" Daggard yells out, as he turns to look around and find who cut him. He looks to the rear, seeing the point of a small blade retreat into a small bush.

A voice mutters in a low tone from the bush. "NO SURVIVORS," it declares, "or we're all inna 'ruddy sod."

"COME OUT AND FIGHT!" Daggard yells into the bush, stabbing blindly away at the branches, hoping for a hit. He has turned his attention away from what should be his main quarry and is now engulfed in his search for this hidden antagonist.

[Eledriar is next in the order. For reference (since the map isn't loading so good on my work wi-fi, Axel is out of combat, Daggard has moved 10 yards back towards a nearby bush, from which the voice and blade strike came. Archie is still at range, and Sord is in proximity, and will have Disadvantage since he is currently on the ground. -DM]
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 12:39 pm

"Holy shit."

Ooc: Holy shit
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Name: Ezythyr Coalthane
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838
Temporary Hit PointsTemporary Hit Points14

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 1:05 pm

"The orc boy might not have the stomach for it."

Ezythyr shrugged, far more interested in the interesting results of his spell.
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 1:52 pm

Daggard is seemingly losing his mind, stabbing wildly and feverishly into the brush, desperate to hear the death knell of the one that cut his leg. His attack continues to no avail, as the voice again mutters into the wind, easily heard throughout the clearing:

"No 'dag survivors, cleanup's already a real slog, but the weather ain't right for huntin' tuh-day..."

Sord attempts to call back over to Archie, "KILL THEM ALL... urrrrrkkkk... then we go inside and finish the work!"

[Eledriar is still next in the order, just thought I'd add in-between flavor. -DM]
Back to top Go down
galaxysedge

Character sheet
Name: Eledriar Glaeson
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2025

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 5:30 pm

Eledriar takes pause for just a split second at the mysterious force that apparently just saved her life, and then remembers where she is and the danger she and her party currently face. She regains her composure in time to watch Sord double over, and scrunches up her face at the whole situation, but lunges forward and attempts to plunge her sword into the man on the ground before her.

OOC: Attack roll on Sord with a rapier. Am I right in saying that's a d20 + dex + proficiency? (dex is +3, prof +2)
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 5:30 pm

The member 'galaxysedge' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 10
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 1:31 pm

[I think it's OK, I'm reading melee attacks are Strength modified, but could be Dexterity modified if they are "finesse weapons"? Not a huge deal ATM so roll out. -DM]

[Eledriar Glaeson successfully makes a melee attack roll of 15, against a "prone" Springwarden Sord Wheelder with AC of 14. You are clear to roll 1d8 + 3 piercing damage.]

Last edited by lord8track on Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Notation on melee attack roll)
Back to top Go down
galaxysedge

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2025

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 2:56 pm

ooc: yeah I think a rapier is a finesse weapon? not 100% sure! anyway, rolling damage!
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 2:56 pm

'd8' : 1
Back to top Go down
galaxysedge

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2025

ooc: aw, dang
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 4:32 pm

[Springwarden Sord Wheelder takes 4 piercing damage from Eledriar Glaeson.]

Sord narrowly rolls his soiled, crouched self away from Eledriar's diving rapier strike. What would have pierced his heart and ended his existence quickly instead punctured his right shoulder. He yelps out in pain, with traces of vomitus flying out of his mouth, and sweeps his longsword to clear the rapier away. Taking a step backward, Sord then mutters what sounds like an incantation... and leaps back about ten feet. He pulls his sword in front of him, taking a defensive stance.

Sord appears to be looking in the direction of his assailants, but on close observation he is actually talking to his blade in a low whisper, "I am someone special, Jeremy, please... I need you, wake up."

[Springwarden Sord Wheelder cast Level 1 Transmutation spell "Jump", and has moved away from the party by ten feet. His turn is completed, and Axel is dead. Akira never actually made a move, so I will resolve this, then Ezythyr is next. -DM]
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 4:48 pm

Akira, appearing rather distracted despite the life-threatening combat that unfolded before her and her party, looked up from the lengthy letter she was reading. A man covered in fecal matter from stem to stern was talking to a sword. An archer appeared in the distance but didn't not seem wholly competent in regard to archery. Another man was thrusting his dagger into the brush and bushes, shouting angrily. A fourth headless one lay on the ground, blood still smattering out of the neck stump.

"This... is such a party!" she calls out, pointing her staff at Archie and begins channeling energy... when suddenly a voice rings out from her chest.

"HEY, LISTEN!!!" the voice calls out, "WE NEED YOU BACK AT HQ, NOW!!!"

Akira opens her robe pocket and reveals a Stone of Farspeech, and responds to the voice, "Right now, seriously? UGH!!!"

She turns to her group and shrugs her shoulders. "Sorry, boys, gotta Frostbolt! Keep it cool!" Akira says, and throws a small vial of blueish liquid to the ground. A cloud of blue smoke surrounds her body, and as the smoke disseminates, she is gone.

You all hear Archie yell out, "Hey lady, come back, I'm supposed to kill you!" He is facing west, where in the far distance you can see the dragonborn shadow of Akira Yarjerit, running into the horizon.

[Akira Yarjerit, dragonborn sorcerer, has left the party. See you later, Fantasy Cowgirl! Ezythyr is up. -DM]

Last edited by lord8track on Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar fixes)
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Name: Ezythyr Coalthane
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838
Temporary Hit PointsTemporary Hit Points14

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 7:36 pm

Ezythyr was impressed with his group so far. These wardens, by his estimates, should have at least been an even match, but they were being driven back. The archer already looked ready to run.

Focusing, he will some power into the mouthy spirit of his uncle.

"Yes! About time!" The invisible spirit flew toward the archer, manifesting his gauntleted ghostly fist into the physical realm.

---

Chill touch on Archie: +5 (+3 Int, +2 Prof)

OOC: Sorry for the delay guys. I've been hectic the past couple of days. And I think my notifications got turned off. :/
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 7:36 pm

The member 'Ezythyr Coalthane' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 2
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 2:40 pm

[With an AC of 14, Springwarden Archie will resist Ezythyr Coalthane's Chill Touch ranged magic attack roll of 2 + 5.]

The spectral fist flies towards Archie's chest, giving him a second to quickly remember to step back and away from the strike. But simultaneously, "oh boy, it's a guhguhghost!" flashes through his mind, and his degree of calm steadily plummets to abyssal levels. Formerly the weakest member of his adventuring party, Archie glances around and notices that he is the only battle-ready man left to fight off this group defending the lycanthrope. Unless...

Archie drops his bow to the ground, and lays his quiver at this feet. "I'm not ready to die, please!" he exclaims, raising his arms to the sky as per the tradition of surrender!

[Archie has taken his action to drop his weapon and is currently unarmed, still at range from the party. Thokk, you're up. -DM]
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 3:11 pm

Thokk looked down his nose at Archie. It can't be easy watching your whole team get wiped out like that, with the shutting and the decapitation. Then again, Thokk had trouble empathizing with someone who went around threatening people who have a disease. He shouted "I got 'im!" and charged to tackle Archie
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 4:54 pm

[Thokk, confirm non-lethal or lethal melee attack? -DM]
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Ooc: non lethal

As he charged, Thokk turned to his comrades and gave a thumbs up.
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 2:28 am

Archie's chest absorbs the kinetic energy transmitted by Thokk's shoulder charge, and both fly to the ground. The Springwarden is knocked unconscious, and lays in a heap under the half-orc. A tasty hit to be sure!

Daggard looks up from the bushes and witnesses the savage tackle. Already extremely frustrated from having failed to find his hidden attacker, and realizing that the odds were stacked rather heavily against him, he begins to run away. "TO HELL WITH ALL OF YOU!" he screams as he bolts away from the party.

Again, you hear someone utter the phrase, "NO SURVIVORS."

The same low voice from before, coming from the recently dagger-aerated bush. It is difficult to make out who or what is talking from the shrubbery, but it is a fairly safe assumption that the plant is not enchanted; a small, bright silvery blade can be seen, pointed downward to the roots of the bushes and held by a tiny clawed hand. The mysterious voice continues.

"Are you even listening? He's getting away; either one of you does something about this, or I will. Also, please take care of the stinky poopoo vomit man."

Sord is still in defensive stance, his strange pleas to his sword having made no discernible improvement to his chances of survival.

[Springwarden Daggard Stabbyns is disengaging from combat, about ten feet from Thokk, Archie, and Sord, and almost twenty feet away from Ezythyr and Eledriar. Up to you all to decide what to do, but Eledriar is next up. -DM]
Back to top Go down
galaxysedge

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2025

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2017 8:59 am

Eledriar doesn't take her eyes off of Sord for a second. Between the strange voice, the mysterious force that saved her life, and the man before her talking to his own sword, she is about ready to be done with this fight, and narrows her eyes in focus.

"Does anyone wanna go get that guy?" she calls, as she rushes in and tries to slash Sord again with her rapier.

OOC: running forward 10 feet to be in front of Sord again. On my phone so can't update the map currently though! Rolling attack roll again?
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2017 8:59 am

'd20' : 1
Back to top Go down
galaxysedge

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2025

OOC: god's sake!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese   Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1: Breakfast in Gryffonese
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next