Inspired by Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A play by post 5E DnD campaign created and played by fans of The Adventure Zone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward

Go down 
+2
downwarddawn
Mikegld561
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentCurrentTotalTotal
Hit PointsHit Points99999999
Temporary Hit PointsTemporary Hit PointsN/A

Inspiration: No

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 11:38 am

[Like you were given an extra finger in a buff, but that finger got cut off. Or someone gave you hair extensions, then later yanked them off your head. Unpleasant, but it wasn’t real hair, so... - DM]
Back to top Go down
galaxysedge

Character sheet
Name: Eledriar Glaeson
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2025

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 7:11 pm

Eledriar, emboldened by Jeremy's whispered words, charges forward further towards the dragon, stopping just shy of the wall of poison barrier. She begins to (it appears) whisper menacingly towards the dragon - at least, this is what the party hears. To the dragon, she is creating an awful, discordant melody that pierces into its mind.

(OOC: Casting dissonant whispers! I'm now 40ft away assuming the dragon hasn't moved, so it's in range. Please make a Wisdom save! I'll roll damage now to save time, but obviously half it if the dragon makes the save.)
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 7:11 pm

The member 'galaxysedge' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd6' : 2, 3, 2
Back to top Go down
https://inspiredbyadventure.forumotion.com
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 11:26 pm

[The Young Green Dragon is rolling Wisdom saving throw... - DM]
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 11:26 pm

The member 'lord8track' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 1
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 11:41 pm

[Oh noes... The Young Green Dragon rolls a critical failure and takes double damage, suffering 14 points of psychic damage & in reaction moves back 40 feet from Eledriar. - DM]

What fell nightmares lie in the recesses of a dragon's mind? Whatever Eledriar has whispered to the Young Green Dragon must have struck a dark chord; the wyrm's head jerks backward, and the dragon shrieks out. Its eyes narrow at the bard, with a mixture of contempt and concern, and the beast begins to move its body backward, stomping 40 feet away from Eledriar while clumsily maintaining its gaze on her. The dragon does, however, notice two additional combatants on approach, a half-orc and dwarf, and refocuses back to the fight quickly. It rears back onto its powerful hind legs and tail, craning its head and neck and opens its razor teeth...

Last edited by lord8track on Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:29 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Adjusted for critical failure roll)
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 12:43 am

[The Young Green Dragon is next. - DM]

The Young Green Dragon returns to the fray quickly, closing the gap it had previously made escaping from the bard's mental assault, and takes position just outside of the poison fog wall it created. Its heightened senses allow it to easily spot Ezythyr within the cloud of swampy funk. The dragon plants four scaly feet squarely into the ground, digging in its sharp claws to stabilize itself, and its head springs forward, extending to maximum length into the cloud and towards the dwarf...

[The Young Green Dragon moves forward again 40 feet, towards its protective poison wall, and attempts a Bite attack on Ezythyr within the cloud; rolling a melee attack with +3 to hit. - DM]

Last edited by lord8track on Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Damage rolls deleted; pending reaction turn from Ezythyr)
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 12:43 am

The member 'lord8track' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 12
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 12:18 am

Approximation of current battle positioning:

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 9 Hap_ch11
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Name: Ezythyr Coalthane
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838
Temporary Hit PointsTemporary Hit Points14

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 10:57 am

Ezythyr raises his hand, nearly into the dragon's mouth, and a shimmering layer of magic surrounds him, forcing the dragon's teeth to spark and skitter harmlessly off of him.

"Not t'day ye overgrown skink!"

---

OOC: Using Shield spell as a reaction to raise my AC by 5 until the start of my next turn. I'm also immune to magic missile but I don't think that'll come up.

Last edited by Ezythyr Coalthane on Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarifying that the spell is a reaction.)
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2017 12:59 am

[Ezythyr's Shield-augmented AC of 15 + 5 successfully defends against the Young Green Dragon's Bite attack roll of 12 + 3. - DM]

The dragon's head and jaw bounce backward, after glancing off Ezythyr's arcane-shielded arm, and the beast appears frustrated. It scans the field, noting the location of incoming attackers and taking particular notice of a markedly large predator in the distance. Its wings spread outward and begin to flap downward...

[Thokk is next in the order. - DM]
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2017 1:09 am

On the sidelines, the militia soldiers clap and cheer, likely for the group of irregulars that appear to be prepared for dragon combat. Mar'i turns away from the field and towards the benches, to address the audience.

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 9 Genasi10
Mar'i: "See their positioning? They're close together on their approach, but not so close that the dragon is compelled to hit them all at once with its breath weapon. And that dwarf, when he became the beast's primary target, he provided his compatriots an opportunity to flank the dragon, observe for weaknesses to exploit, and strike!

"The fundamentals should be clear to you all now! Let's see what happens next; I'm particularly interested in what they're planning with that giant... um... snake..."
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Name: Thokk Warhorn
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 9:28 am

Thokk barrels forward, trying to close in on the Dragon. As he enters the gas cloud, he closes his eyes and tries to hold his breath. He doesn't last long before he pulls in a gout of poison gas and coughs slightly, unsure whether or not he is being hurt by it. The gas certainly feels different than air. He buries the thought and makes way for the dragon's side, hoping to land a strike on it's body, just behind it's front-right leg, a hopefully tender area. Thokk strikes with his sword.

(Thokk attacks the dragon with his longsword, hoping to flank it, attack +6)
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 9:28 am

The member 'Mikegld561' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 11
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 12:16 pm

[Thokk's melee attack roll of 11 + 6 would be just shy of the Young Green Dragon's AC, however... - DM]

Breathing in the poisonous air, Thokk, you expect to experience some inspiratory discomfort... but instead you feel the poison air leaving your lungs quickly, as though it's being magically extracted from your body. As you glance downward at your green armor, you see a faint pulsing and subtle glow, and the weight of the chain links seems to fade, as though you were not wearing anything at all. You feel yourself moving even faster through the cloud.

The dragon saw your approach and raised its right claw to strike you, but you are able to dart right beneath it to slash your sword into its “armpit”.

[Thokk, please roll 1d8 + 2 slashing damage against the Young Green Dragon. Additionally, you discover one of the attributes of your Gross Chainmail; you are in fact, immune to poison and acid damage, and receive a +2 to your attack bonuses with your exposure to any poison or acid attacks. - DM]

Last edited by lord8track on Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar police)
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 12:31 pm

(I'd also like to use my Divine Smite, which lets me do 2 d8 radiant damage by expending a spell slot after a successful hit.)

Thokk, feeling exhilarated by his new discovery, slams the tip of the blade into the dragon's armpit, and screams "Smite!" as the blase glows with holy light.
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 12:31 pm

1 d8 +2
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

'd8' : 6
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 12:32 pm

2 d8 radiant
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 12:32 pm

'd8' : 3, 2
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 4:47 pm

[Thokk's melee attack and Divine Smite hit the Young Green Dragon for 8 points of slashing damage and 5 points of radiant damage (13 points total) - DM]

Thokk, your sword strike hits successfully, and with a flash of bright light you manage to swipe against a non-scaled portion of the dragon's underside, and cut into the flesh of the beast. You are bathed in a small spray of dragon blood, and you note that again, the green-swirled crimson that is splashed upon your chainmail is quickly absorbed.

The Young Green Dragon shrieks with dismay, and you see that its posture change; it had raised its tail and leaned to the left when it attempted to swat at you with its claws, but your attack clearly damaged some muscle and perhaps tendons, as you see its weight shift back towards you. In order to prevent itself from falling prone, the dragon begins to drop its forward right leg back downward... on top of your head.

[Thokk, please roll a Dexterity saving throw at this time, with advantage. - DM]
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 9:32 am

"Shitshitshitshitshitshitshit!"

(+1 DEX saving Throw)
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 9:32 am

#1 'd20' : 16

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 1
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 12:57 pm

[Thokk's Dexterity saving throw of 16 + 1 is successful. - DM]

Thokk, you dive out of the way, with great ease given the unexpected lightness of your poison-infused chainmail, and the dragon's clawed foot lands with a heavy thud onto solid, unoccupied ground. You stand up just outside the beast's right wing reach, away from the poison fog, and observe a wyrm both weakened and confused—having woefully underestimated the battle prowess of you and your compatriots—but no less angry and bloodthirsty.

From the sidelines, you observe the militia soldiers clapping and cheering, no doubt impressed by your speed and dexterity despite your large frame and armaments.

[Cordial and Monty will be next in the order. - DM]
Back to top Go down
downwarddawn

downwarddawn

Character sheet
Name: Cordial Deadheart
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2736

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 5:39 pm

Cordial is taken aback by Ezythyr's response to her bestowal. She certainly had not expected such a reply, almost a rebuke, to her assistance in the face of a conflict with a dragon, regardless of how young or illusory it may be. She thinks to herself, and to Monty, that she should have gifted the dwarf with Eagle's Splendor. She then finds herself smirking at the image that comes unbidden into her mind: that of a peculiarly charismatic dwarf bowing in gratitude towards her as his eyes tear up and he fights off a cough as a green smog surrounds him and chokes him with a poison for which he was ill-prepared with only the faint protection provided him by his ancestry.

When she has not been distracted by these thoughts, Cordial has been following the movements of her companions, assessing how she can best assist the team, preferably either of the other two.

Striding toward Eledriar and the wall of poisonous cloud, Cordial advises Monty with her thoughts, "if you have experience with such a creature, please use that knowledge to your advantage in attacking it. Do you see where the Paladin has centred his attack? Perhaps you should aim your damage there as well. But do not sacrifice yourself. Should you be seriously injured, return to me if you can."

Reaching Eledriar's side, Cordial places her hand on her companion's shoulder and whispers "fwy zmuw qfuvilty suwydh."

OOC: Casting Guidance on Eledriar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward
Page 9 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next