Inspired by Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A play by post 5E DnD campaign created and played by fans of The Adventure Zone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward

Go down 
+2
downwarddawn
Mikegld561
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentCurrentTotalTotal
Hit PointsHit Points99999999
Temporary Hit PointsTemporary Hit PointsN/A

Inspiration: No

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 6:51 pm

[Cordial has granted Eledriar one d4 roll, to be added to any ability check of choice (before or after). - DM]

Cordial, your Giant Constrictor Snake extends its body from its coiled position, slithering 30 feet forward and just short of the poison fog. He speaks to you telepathically.

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 Copy_o10
Monty: ”No, misssss, never fought a 'dragon that isn't really a dragon’ before, but I can probably grab it and hold it down... it may try to fly and get out of range of y’all. I ain't biting into it, though, green onessss never taste very good... who knowsss what flavor this thing is...”

[Ezythyr is next to act. - DM]
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Name: Ezythyr Coalthane
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838
Temporary Hit PointsTemporary Hit Points14

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2017 4:36 am

OOC: Can I get an update on the map?
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Name: Ezythyr Coalthane
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838
Temporary Hit PointsTemporary Hit Points14

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2017 11:13 pm

Ezythyr notes the position of Thokk and moves to the other side of the beast, hoping to attack it from multiple sides, and divide its attention between them. With a thought, he focuses on the flickering flames of his magic surrounding Arbuckler, fanning them into a roaring fire of green and purple power, and then swings the axe into the creature!

---

OOC: Green-Flame Blade cantrip (Just because I can. It has no effect without another target.), +7 vs AC.

Do I get advantage for flanking? I'll roll a second one just in case I do. If not, ignore the second roll.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2017 11:13 pm

The member 'Ezythyr Coalthane' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 7

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 3
Back to top Go down
https://inspiredbyadventure.forumotion.com
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2017 12:18 am

Map update (accounting for Ezythyr's flanking maneuver):

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 Hap_ch12
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2017 12:44 am

[Ezythyr, your melee attack roll of 7 + 7 does not beat the beast's AC, and does not successfully strike the Young Green Dragon. - DM]

Ezythyr, the fiery battleaxe you swing with all your might at the Young Green Dragon's left flank makes contact, but with a rather large patch of scaled skin. Your powerful strike glances rather jarringly against the dragon--not unlike a blacksmith's hammer blow against an anvil--and your weapon bounces away, vibrating wildly in your hands. You clutch the handle of your weapon tightly to regain control.

You feel as though you made a sizeable impact, yet the dragon does not turn to face you (or in an act of draconian hubris, chooses to ignore you). Instead, its eyes and head are pointed at your party members beyond the poison fog, and at the massive serpent on approach.

[Ezythyr, this probably means you will have advantage on your next attack against the dragon, as long as it is not compelled to turn toward your direction. Eledriar is next up. - DM]
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2017 12:55 am

Eledriar, before you can consider your next action, you hear Jeremy's voice again.

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 Rapier10
Jeremy: "Don't do what that odd dwarf did, silly thing... Swing up, against the grain. Or 'poke poke stabby stabby' those tender bits, like your old friend Jeremy used to do... Oh, the holes I would make in people!"
Back to top Go down
galaxysedge

Character sheet
Name: Eledriar Glaeson
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2025

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2017 2:53 pm

Eledriar looks at the sword... at the dragon... then back at the sword... and sighs. She mutters, "I hope you know what you're doing," and then takes a deep breath and holds it. She runs off to the left side, trying to avoid the fog if she can but fully prepared to run through it if need be, with the aim of appearing just alongside Thokk.

Once she has made her way there, she releases the breath she was holding, as she swings Jeremy with a swift strike, following his directions and swinging up, against the grain of the dragon's scales.

(OOC: Basically if I have enough movement speed, I'd like to run around the left side of the fog... But I'm not sure how grids work, can you move diagonally? Either way I'd like to end up in the square above Thokk, if I need to run through the fog that's fine. Then attack roll with Jeremy, +6 to attack.)
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2017 2:53 pm

The member 'galaxysedge' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 4
Back to top Go down
downwarddawn

downwarddawn

Character sheet
Name: Cordial Deadheart
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2736

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2017 3:08 pm

OOC: ouch - any chance my 1d4 could help with that attack?
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2017 4:34 pm

[Eledriar navigates around the fog wall safely, but her melee attack roll of 4 + 6 does not succeed against the Young Green Dragon's AC. I do not believe Guidance will add to an attack roll, only ability checks. I think you may have an unique opportunity available to you, though... - DM]

Eledriar, as you attempt to strike upward into the dragon's side, the tip of your magical rapier is deflected by a pattern of scales, and by sheer misfortune your weapon is wedged into the beast's armored skin. You struggle to pull it free, difficult to manage as the dragon has noted your approach and begins to turn its head and neck to face you and Thokk.

As you pull and tug furiously to free your rapier, Jeremy, you see the pommel and guard glow with a faint pink light, and the blade itself begins to pulse with the same energy. The blade speaks to you.

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 Rapier10
Jeremy: ”IT IS TIME, I CAN PRACTICALLY TASTE IT!!! PULL ME FREE, AND SEND ME FLYING! I'll take care of the rest!!!”

[Eledriar, please roll a bonus action d20 with advantage, and add + 6. - DM]
Back to top Go down
galaxysedge

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2025

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2017 2:46 am

Eledriar looks at Jeremy and whispers, "If you're sure..." She steels herself and yanks harder, aided by putting a foot up against the dragon's side for leverage.

(OOC: Alrighty, bonus action roll with advantage... +6!)
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2017 2:46 am

The member 'galaxysedge' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 5

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 6
Back to top Go down
galaxysedge

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2025

(OOC: god's sake. The dice are not my friends lately)
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2017 11:25 pm

[Eledriar, your roll of 6 + 6 does not quite yield much in the way of a response to Jeremy's request. - DM]

Eledriar, even with the added effort, putting your whole body into the pull, you are unable to free your dancing blade from its engagement between the dragon's scales. The pinkish glow continues to pulse from the blade and handle, albeit somewhat less than a few seconds ago.

[The Young Green Dragon is next to act. - DM]
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2017 11:35 pm

To this point, the Young Green Dragon has appeared to be somewhat restrained in combat with the four of you--now five, counting the unusually pigmented serpent on approach--and it has taken a surprising throttling. With a snarl and snort, the beast seemingly has played with its fodder enough. It turns to its right and faces its prey, which it may find quite easy given that one appears to glow in a sickeningly bright green light, and the other has become inadvertently disarmed.

The dragon rears back its head and neck, and draws back its left forward claws to strike at both Thokk and Eledriar...

[Thokk will be at the receiving end of the Young Green Dragon's Bite attack, and Eledriar will be defending against a Claw attack. I will roll the attack against Thokk first, + 3 bonus. - DM]

Last edited by lord8track on Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Corrected bonus)
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2017 11:35 pm

The member 'lord8track' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 4
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2017 11:38 pm

[WTF, I'm a dragon... fudge. The Young Green Dragon rolls a 4 + 3 melee attack roll, which I'm certain does not beat Thokk's AC. Will await any reaction from Thokk before rolling melee attack against Eledriar. - DM]

Last edited by lord8track on Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected bonus)
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Name: Thokk Warhorn
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2017 9:06 am

Thokk angles himself away fro the dragon's claws, keeping himself in a position to strike. The claws ripple the air around him, but he maintains his footing, his training taking over where fear might have done for anyone else.
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2017 12:47 pm

Thokk, you shift your body and bend at the waist laterally, prompted by instinct to easily let the dragon's jaw pass beside you. You watch the teeth, glistening with contempt and accompanied by dirt and grass, dart past your head and torso by a few feet, then your body springs back, still in advantageous position to attack.

The crowd of soldiers’ “ooohs”, “ahhhs”, and “like, whoas” can be heard from the sidelines, mixed in roaring cheers and applause. The archmage turns away from the field to hush the militia, and address them.

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 Genasi10
Mar’i: ”Fantastic combat, great decision-making under severe stress! Kay'ti, see your countryman out there, gliding between strikes with ease? Watch and learn, a beast that size, you can't attempt to block or deflect attacks with such force behind them, you must dodge and wait for your turn to retort!”

The dragon's claws rake in a slashing motion towards Eledriar's chest...

[The Young Green Dragon makes a Claw attack against Eledriar, rolling melee attack with + 3 bonus. - DM]
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2017 12:47 pm

The member 'lord8track' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 6
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2017 12:49 pm

[Ooof, the Young Green Dragon's Claw attack roll of 6 + 3 will not succeed against Eledriar's AC, will await reaction. - DM]
Back to top Go down
galaxysedge

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2025

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2017 1:00 pm

Just as Mar'i gives this advice, Eledriar sees the dragon's claw come swiping towards her. She releases her hold on Jeremy and ducks nimbly out of the way, then jumps back in and puts her hand on the hilt again so she can continue trying to reclaim her blade.
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 1:28 am

[Nice commitment! Thokk, you are next in the order, and are definitely in melee range of the dragon. You see Eledriar kinda dangling a bit off of the dragon, and you can make out Ezythyr sneaking around behind it. You have options. - DM]
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Name: Thokk Warhorn
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 10:18 am

Thokk sees Ezythyr moving behind the dragon, and makes up his mind. He shifts around to the front of the dragon, hoping to distract it, and swings his sword up into it's chest. He knows he wont be able to get through the scales, but hopes this will get the beast's attention so his comrades can launch some heavy hits.

ATT + 6
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward
Page 10 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next