Inspired by Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A play by post 5E DnD campaign created and played by fans of The Adventure Zone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward

Go down 
+2
downwarddawn
Mikegld561
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentCurrentTotalTotal
Hit PointsHit Points
Temporary Hit PointsTemporary Hit PointsN/A

Inspiration: No

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 26, 2017 7:49 pm

The member 'Ezythyr Coalthane' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd4' : 2, 2, 4
Back to top Go down
https://inspiredbyadventure.forumotion.com
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points99999999

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 1:06 pm

[Ezythyr hits the Young Green Dragon for 11 force damage. - DM]

The Young Green Dragon is hit in the lower jaw by the magical darts, bending its head slightly backward. It roars loudly, shaking the arena grounds, and its teeth are now bared, almost into a devious smile. The dragon's nostrils constrict slightly, and it appears to be taking in a large breath.

Ezythyr, the spirit of Morkan apparates behind your shoulder, whispering in your ear.

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 Morkan10
Morkan: ”HEY! LISTEN! Real or not, that dragon looks like it's gonna blow something awful at you guys... Green ones... green ones... might be poisonous spray or gas... Watch out!”

He disappears again.

[Eledriar is next in the order. - DM]

Last edited by lord8track on Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Damage correction)
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Name: Ezythyr Coalthane
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838
Temporary Hit PointsTemporary Hit Points14

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 1:20 pm

OOC: 11 damage. Each bolt gets +1.
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 1:30 pm

[Corrected. - DM]
Back to top Go down
galaxysedge

Character sheet
Name: Eledriar Glaeson
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2025

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 6:18 pm

Eledriar, already poised and ready for battle, runs closer to the great beast, albeit slightly off to one side to avoid being directly in its line of sight towards the rest of the party.

(OOC: None of my spells are in range haha, so I move 30ft towards the dragon. Also - would Eledriar/the rest of the party have heard what Morkan had to say, or would that be for Ezythyr's ears only?)
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 5:38 am

OOC: I believe I'm the only one that can hear Morkan.
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 12:12 pm

[Only Ezythyr hears Morkan, only Eledriar hears Jeremy, only Cordial can hear Monty (when the staff is just a staff), and Thokk is due for some kind of eidolon, persona, etc... You all are more than welcome to inform the others of what you learn though. - DM]

The Young Green Dragon notes your approach, Eledriar, and exhales its long breath in your direction. A spray of poisonous gas jets out from its mouth, creating a cone of gross, green fog about thirty feet in front of the dragon. The dragon then begins a rather strange swiping motion, swinging its arms at the fog and spreading the poisonous gas into a sort of barrier in front of it. You perceive this to be the beast's way of discouraging direct melee attacks, as any creature attempting to pass through the poisonous gas wall—twenty feet long in front of the dragon—would succumb to it.

Eledriar, you are still outside around 70 feet away from the dragon when you feel the dancing blade Jeremy vibrate at your side wildly. He whispers to you.

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 Rapier10
Jeremy: ”A... a green dragon??? You're mad, simply insane!... And I LOVE IT!!! Look there, see that section of the dragon's neck, just before the right wing? The scales are spread, that wyrmflesh must be delightful! Plunge me into that dragon meat, and I'll be yours forever!!!”
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 1:07 pm

[Thokk is next in the order. A poison gas "wall” now floats in front of the dragon. - DM]
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 4:13 pm

"Watch fer the gas! It's poisonous!" Ezythyr shouts to the group, already preparing himself to run through it.
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Name: Thokk Warhorn
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2017 9:12 am

Hot on Ezthyr's tail, Thokk lifts his sword high above his head and rushes forward. (I believe that rushing lets me move double my speed for one turn, so I can move 60 feet toward the dragon)
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2017 1:52 pm

[Cordial is next in the order. - DM]
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2017 1:59 pm

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 Image10
Young Green Dragon: <in a loud growl> ”WUX ZHAAN EKESS DOUT BEKILIP, CONFN SVA VE ISTHASY...”
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2017 2:02 pm

"Thokk! It's poison, boy!"
Back to top Go down
downwarddawn

downwarddawn

Character sheet
Name: Cordial Deadheart
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2736

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2017 10:11 pm

Seeing her companions rush toward the green poisonous smog, Cordial realizes she has not moved quickly enough to help them all, but that Ezythyr is still close enough. She'd had her Staff of the Python at the ready, so she tosses it down as she rushes toward Ezythyr, summoning Monty to appear by speaking his name. As she reaches the dwarf, who is again alerting his companions to the poisonous nature of the air ahead of them, Cordial lays her hands awkwardly, one on his shoulder and one on his head, and says, "Xe qrilz haf byir'w elvfrilty."

A warmth spreads from her hands into Ezythyr, and he feels a peculiar strength and confidence sweep over him.

(OOC: I'm casting Enhance Ability at 2nd level: Bear’s Endurance. Ezythyr has advantage on Constitution checks and gains 2d6 temporary hit points, which are lost when the spell ends.)
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2017 10:11 pm

The member 'downwarddawn' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd6' : 4, 2
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2017 12:31 am

[From Cordial's Enhance Ability II: Bear's Endurance, Ezythyr will add 6 temporary hit points to his pool, and will have advantage in Constitution checks. - DM]

Cordial, your staff hits the ground and immediately begins to animate and enlarge. A long, red and white forked tongue pops out of the end of the staff as it continues to grow into a fully formed, rainbow-colored Giant Constrictor Snake, otherwise known as the Monty.

Monty extends its body, then coils up, head darting left and right to assess the situation and area around him. He speaks to you, Cordial.

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 Copy_o10
Monty: "OK, I'm ready to go, misssss, let's go be... <glances at dragon> Um... That's a big green wyrm... Wait... Something'sss off, doesn't smell like dragonscale and swamp bottoms... Ssssmells like a fresh rain over a freshly planted garden...

"What'll you have be do, miss, to thissss... thing?"
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2017 12:56 am

The party can still easily see Mar'i and the militia at the sidelines, watching the opening seconds of this battle. The archmage's voice can be heard from the field, carried by a light, pleasant wind, as he addresses the soldiers.

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 Genasi10
Mar'i: "Teamwork and a balanced strike are key to any large incursion with a force much larger than yours... ever more so when facing a dragon! These four, they appear to have arcane advantages that you do not, but remember that advantage can be quickly negated by poor decisions. Jayne, Flintir, you two ran directly into the poison gas field to strike with your long spears, but even after getting lucky and passing through you got clawed & bit in seconds! You won't always have barrier magicks to prevent death, learn the hard lessons now! Synergy, planning, then execute!

"Now let's watch this group, see what they do..."
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Name: Thokk Warhorn
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2017 9:22 am

"I'm pretty sure my gross armor will protect me!" Thokk shouts as he runs nearer to the poison, hoping his gross armor will protect him. If his mind hadn't suddenly gone blank, he would have remembered to pray.
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2017 1:22 pm

[Back to the top of the order with Ezythyr. - DM]
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2017 4:29 pm

"Ah, lass, I wish ye hadn't done that." He glances quickly over his shoulder as he runs ahead. "I'm a dwarf! Poison is nothing t'me already!"

---

OOC: Rushing forward 50 feet, taking the dash action. If the dragon hasn't moved, then I'm 25 feet away from it. Which I believe puts me in the gas.

And just FYI, as a dwarf, I already have advantage on saving throws for Poison. I'm also resistant to Poison damage so I'll only take half if it does get through. Razz
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2017 5:12 pm

Ezythyr, as you run through the poison gas wall, you find your vision slightly obscured by the thick, greenish fog. Your breath is labored as you pass through, but the feeling is only mildly unpleasant, as though your lungs are filling with a slight plume of bog gas. Looking forward, you can still make out the shape of the dragon, which appears to be turning to face you.

[Ezythyr, roll your Constitution saving throw with "double” advantage. - DM]
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2017 5:25 pm

So... 3d20?

+4 to each.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2017 5:25 pm

The member 'Ezythyr Coalthane' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 3, 12, 18
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2017 6:49 pm

[Ezythyr successfully Constitution saves with a roll of 18 + 4, and with Dwarven resistance to poison takes only 3 points of poison damage. - DM]

Ezythyr, you feel an unpleasant burning in your throat with respiration. It's nothing you can't tolerate, but you do feel like it may become worse with extended exposure to the poison cloud. You are perplexed, however; you've heard past tales of even light exposure with green dragon breath attacks, which led to severe nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, pneumonia, blindness, paralysis, and of course, death. This mild malaise you're feeling is in no way similar to what you'd expect.

[Eledriar is next in the order. - DM]
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2017 7:48 pm

OOC: -3 Temp HP. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward
Page 8 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next