Inspired by Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A play by post 5E DnD campaign created and played by fans of The Adventure Zone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward

Go down 
+2
downwarddawn
Mikegld561
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Name: Ezythyr Coalthane
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentCurrentTotalTotal
Hit PointsHit Points3838
Temporary Hit PointsTemporary Hit Points14

Inspiration: No

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 2:53 pm

OOC: -2 rubies, +50 gold, and +1 bottle of bees.
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points99999999
Temporary Hit PointsTemporary Hit PointsN/A

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 3:02 pm

[Quick extra housekeeping, Thokk, be sure to update your inventory and AC to reflect the update to your chainmail. Cordial, I see the pistol in your inventory, but for ease you can add it to your weapons list also: I think with the Railgun Pistol, you should have an attack bonus of +5, damage is 1d8 + 3 before accounting for ammo type. In conference with other DMs, the range for the weapon will be 50 to 150; anything outside of this--too close or too far--will mean an attack roll with disadvantage.

After you've completed your business in the market, you can take a quick rest in the Red Hook Lodge, and resume your journey in the morning. In game time, the sun will rise in six hours, allowing for a long rest. - DM]

Last edited by lord8track on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed "rest" period)
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 4:02 pm

OOC: One last thing before we move on.

---

Once they are all together in the inn, Ezythyr shares what Morkan told him. "Seems that pistol shares some traits with the bolt that turned Dhakec, the worg we found, against it's friends. I'm thinkin' we should track down that gel's master at Candlekeep while we're there. Maybe get some answers about them hunters."
Back to top Go down
downwarddawn

downwarddawn

Character sheet
Name: Cordial Deadheart
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2736

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 5:50 pm

"Really?" Cordial mutters as she slips the pistol out of its holster and turns it over in her hands, examining it. (Arcana +2) "You think this Garfield she spoke of had something to do with that poor beast turning on her master?"
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 5:50 pm

The member 'downwarddawn' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 11
Back to top Go down
https://inspiredbyadventure.forumotion.com
galaxysedge

Character sheet
Name: Eledriar Glaeson
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2025

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 11:26 pm

"Yeah, maybe," agrees Eledriar. "At least, if we're gonna be in the area anyway, it would make sense to try and check it out, right?
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 11:36 pm

"As I understood it, Garfield is her employer. Her master is in Candlekeep."
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 12:44 am

Cordial, with your Arcana check of 13, you recall the nature of Dhakec the worg's wounds, and that the animal's blood had reacted strangely with the poison of the enchanted arrows, recreating the effects of the advanced enchantment spell Confusion. The resulting mixture radiated a powerful energy and aura, very similar to the sensation you felt in your hand as you fired the Railgun Pistol.

Such an energy, by your estimation, could only be controlled and harnessed in otherwise ordinary weapons by one very skilled in both enchantment and weapon fabrication. You are confident that you would be able to again sense the same arcane magicks, should you encounter them again in your travels.

Last edited by lord8track on Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Name: Thokk Warhorn
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 9:47 am

"I agree, I think it's best to follow up on this Master business. Hopefully, I can find something to test my armor on while we're there."
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 9:49 am

"Heh, and me axe!"
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 12:43 pm

The party settles for the night.

As the sun cracks over the eastern hills, the regular hustle and bustle resumes across the town of Scornubel. Many of the merchant wagons have already departed the Night Market for parts unknown, making way for the regular day market vendors and their standard wares. Only the Fantasy Costco wagon still remains, with the drow and high elf working to pack up their crates and prepare the horses for their journey. Looking out to the west, you all note the road before you, glistening with subtlety from the morning dew. Of all the days, you all get the feeling that this will be the lucky one.

[The party can round out any remaining business, then we can begin your journey to Candlekeep. Also, I think there was enough "activity" to warrant a level up to 3, so start looking at your class-specific updates and rolls for hit points. - DM]
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 6:37 pm

As you gather yourselves and your belongings, Nermalin puts down her crate in the wagon and walks over to you.

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 3e4c9812
Nermalin: "You all heading out, we are too, the boss wants us to check out some frontier town called Refuge... I've never heard of it, but I guess they trade in only diamonds and well, Odeeren needs new 'parts'... "

She looks out to the road, then back at the party.

"Oh, the captain of the guard here mentioned to us that the roads are 'swarming' with bandits lately, so you may want to adjust your travel accordingly... Unless you're looking for a good fight or two. Good luck, and sreen'aur z'hind!"
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 2:53 pm

Just as Nermalin finishes her farewell, you hear a loud, treacherous, primal scream from the west. It sends vibrations through the marketplace, shaking tables and sending various breakable goods to the floor, shattering and cracking, and the merchants scramble to pick up their goods. You see a group of militia soldiers run out of the guardhouse, with full armaments, as they quickly march down the road in the direction of where the scream came from. It is hard to see from your vantage point, as the source of the commotion appears to be obscured by a large wooded area, but whatever made the sound is definitely large and angry.

Strangely enough, Nermalin and Odeeren do not appear to be fazed, as they continue to pack the Fantasy Costco wagon up in preparation for travel. In fact, the other merchants and townspeople also do not appear overtly concerned; after they pick up the fallen goods, the locals seem to resume business as usual.
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 3:35 pm

"What the hells was that?" Ezythyr pulled out his axe and looked to his companions. "Should we investigate?" He then looks to the merchants. "They don't seem too put out..."
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 12:43 am

The militia guard, that you recognize as the guard that welcomed you to Scornubel previously, walks over to you.

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 B9a93c10
Militia man: "Pick up anything neat from the Night Market? Don't mind that commotion, the town archmage is just conducting the monthly training exercise, to keep our men fighting fit. We have the great Krusk to thank for the idea, too. We'd have been drake and demon feed if he hadn't helped us kick our militia into shape.

"Sounds like the archmage is crackin' the whip this time, if he's repeating the 'dragon scenario' from last month."
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 4:30 pm

Stowing his axe away, Ezythyr shakes his head. "Ye think a warnin' sign or somethin' fer those from outta town would be a good idea?"

He turns back to his companions. "Shall we go?"

"Hehehe! Ye were scared outta yer scivvies! Poor li'l pansy dwarf!"
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2017 1:45 am

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 B9a93c10
Militia man: "It's a sight to behold, to be sure, just make sure to watch from a good distance out. The archmage don't take too kindly to interference of any kind. After all, without a well-trained militia and magical support, the merchants' guild would never conduct business in Scornubel, day or night."

[It is worth mentioning that any encounter or event can be skipped, in case you want to resume your search for the hero Krusk and his enchanted cache key. Walk over to watch the training exercise, or roll a 'travel' D20 and continue on! - DM]
Back to top Go down
downwarddawn

downwarddawn

Character sheet
Name: Cordial Deadheart
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2736

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2017 3:15 pm

Cordial had been starting to speak with Nermalin when the sound from the distant had interrupted her. She had stopped speaking and listened to the interaction between Ezythyr and the militia guard before returning to Nermalin, "uh... what was I saying? Oh, right," as she watches Odeeren preparing to set off, "the two of you, with this cart filled with goods, how do you ensure your safety along the road?"
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 3:46 am

Nermalin: "Oh we're good, no one really seems daring enough to mess with our wagon... and if they did, we've both got enough 'ruffboi' experience to fight 'em off. You wouldn't guess, but old man Odeeren is pretty fierce in unarmed combat, especially since lost sales and goods means more lost body parts."
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 3:50 am

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 5bf57613
Odeeren: "Stop mentioning my 'agreement' with Lord Garfield to the customers, it's unseemly."
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 3:53 am

Nermalin: <turns to Odeeren> "What's the big deal, it builds sympathy and increases sales."
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 3:59 am

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 5bf57613
Odeeren: <addresses you, Cordial>"We are again grateful for you and your friends' purchases, do travel safely! Tell all your friends: if it says 'Fantasy Costco', it's the best deal anywhere in Faerun!"
Back to top Go down
galaxysedge

Character sheet
Name: Eledriar Glaeson
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2025

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 6:31 pm

Eledriar nudges Ezythyr while the others are distracted.

"He said they have Krusk to thank." She lowers her voice. "Do you think they mean Krusk Sr.? Do you think they might be able to help us find him?"
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 10:33 pm

"I dunno, lass. Somethin' tells me that Krusk, the junior, woulda known if he'd been as close as this. I'm thinkin' Candlekeep is still our best bet." The dwarf looks around a moment, thinking. "Still...shouldn't hurt to ask, right? Mayhap we'll find somethin' with the trainin' militia?" He nods toward the path the militia men took.
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 3:11 am

The road leaving Scornubel appears to follow the Chionthar River, and as you all follow it to the west, you notice a separate dirt path cut slightly towards the southwest, leading into a wooded area. The Wood of Sharp Teeth is where this path terminates, and you note several sets of tracks in the dirt. You have not heard that hideous roar in some time, and are unsure of whether or not the previously mentioned "training exercise" has concluded.

The fork in the path lies before the party; follow the road along the river towards Baldur's Gate (and travel south on the Coast Way towards Candlekeep), or divert down the dirt path into the Wood of Sharp Teeth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward
Page 5 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next