Inspired by Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A play by post 5E DnD campaign created and played by fans of The Adventure Zone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward

Go down 
+2
downwarddawn
Mikegld561
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentCurrentTotalTotal
Hit PointsHit Points99999999
Temporary Hit PointsTemporary Hit PointsN/A

Inspiration: No

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 1:01 pm

[Ezythyr, your Arcana check is successful. - DM]

You sense an energy similar and familiar, not friendly, very aggressive. Morkan confirms your suspicions.

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 Morkan10
Morkan: "Yep, that's it, that's the magic that hit us, the magic arrow that hit Dhakec, I'm almost certain it's the same person that made that wicked arrow, and that wicked weapon there. I don't know how to feel about all of this, but if I'm right... oooh, the vengeance...

"To be fair, though, it must be an awesome weapon to wield, could probably shoot the flamin' eyes out of Maglubiyet himself."
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Name: Ezythyr Coalthane
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838
Temporary Hit PointsTemporary Hit Points14

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 1:21 pm

"I've a question, lass." Ezythyr addressed Nermalin. "Ye sell anything else like that pistol recently?"
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 1:34 pm

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 3e4c9812
Nermalin: "Nope, this dork would never let me <thumb-points at Odeeren>. Can't even speak my own mind, most days, without that psycho boss of ours chiming in. The pistol is my first, actual creation; until I make my bones, you can always check out my master's work. He's got a much larger customer base, selling fresh gear out of Candlekeep for a while now."

She takes the fire staff and your axe.

"Which weapon here am I splicing with your axe? The Hammer of Might, or the Life Drinker?... Nevermind, you said 'maul', I just remembered. If this goes well, it shouldn't take too long... Well, either way this won't take long."

Last edited by lord8track on Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : whoops)
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 2:18 pm

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 5bf57613
Odeeren: "While you sort that 'arcanist' or 'artificing', or whatever you call that business, what have the rest of you settled on? Your rubies and gems are very welcome! I saw that a half-orc came into town with you, why not pick up something for him also?"
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 2:33 pm

Thokk, you're relaxing in your room, post-bath, when you hear a knock on the door. Kayti walks in holding your chainmail which, rather than having sporadic glowing stains, is now a non-glowing neon green color throughout.

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 90d0f010
Kayti: "Um, yes... so, your chainmail, the bellman tried to clean it up... but some thing odd happened and well... That diseased blood seems to have bonded with the metal in the wash. I guess the good news is that it'll probably keep acids and poisons out now, so that's kinda neat?"

She gently lays it on the dresser in your room, bows quickly, then runs out of the room. You hear her yell "Sorry!" from down the hall.

[Thokk, by accident, you are now in possession of some Gross Chainmail, which functions as regular chainmail, and is stained a gross, but non-irridescent green color; day or night, this guarantees disadvantage on stealth rolls. Additionally, it appears to be resistant to acid and poison damage. Please update your inventory and character sheet. - DM]
Back to top Go down
downwarddawn

downwarddawn

Character sheet
Name: Cordial Deadheart
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2736

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 5:22 pm

The situation having been sorted out after her blast of temper, Cordial slowly returns to herself and is flustered by having lost control of herself (again). She becomes quiet and contemplative and isn't in much of a shopping mood now, but worries her next opportunity to pick up something that will be useful in their travels might be a long way off.

She looks around and says to Ezythyr, "perhaps there is something that may help me be of more use to the group?" Turning to the elf woman, she asks, "is there something you might recommend for a humble healer?" Humble may not be the best word to describe her, but Cordial is looking forward to moving on from this whole interaction.
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 5:46 pm

As she picks up the fire staff, the Hammer of Might, and Ezythyr's axe, Nermalin looks over to you, Cordial.

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 3e4c9810
Nermalin: "Sadly, this lot seems more combat-focused, not really a healer friendly selection... we might be able to help you out though. Hey, Odie, do we have any of the branded healer kits from the last town?"

Odeeren's glance back at Nermalin is angered and sharp.

Odeeren: "GODS, DO NOT CALL ME THAT!... Ahem, Miss Cordial, is it? It so happens that we do have one Fantasy Costco brand healer's kit. Standard supplies to prevent death and/or dismemberment, all in this fantastic red and blue carrying case! Spells and potions are great, but in a pinch, it's always nice to have the basics on hand."

He presents you the Fantasy Costco Healer's Kit, a small brown leather bag bearing the red and blue stripes and branded logo, that opens on the top with a split-handle design. As you open it, you see all manner of pockets and sleeves within, containing bandages, salves, splints, and other medical instrumentation.

"Consider this on the house, miss," Odeeren says, as he closes the bag, "As a token of apology for my previous impropriety. When you're saving lives, it's important to stand out! And represent your most loved brand, of course."

[Cordial, if you accept, this Fantasy Costco Healer's Kit, has ten uses. As an action, you can expend one use of the kit to stabilize a party member or creature that has 0 hit points, without needing to make a Medicine check. - DM]

Last edited by lord8track on Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : whoops)
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 6:34 pm

Cordial, with the leather armors from Ezythyr laid out on the table, you are free to take the arcane pistol in trade. You pick up the weapon, and instinctively begin an extremely agile gunspin with the pistol in your hand. Odeeren was right, it IS very well balanced. You hang it in your belt.

[Cordial, please update your inventory to include one Railgun Pistol, a 1d8 ranged weapon that does different types of damage depending on what you load in it: coins do slashing damage, sling bullets, lumps of ore, or small stones or debris do bludgeoning damage, and arrow heads, darts, or pokey things do piercing damage. It also has armor-piercing capability; targets with natural armor or worn armor and an AC of 14 or better take a -1 penalty to AC. Targets with natural armor or worn armor and an AC of 16 or better take a -2 penalty to AC. Additionally, if you have spell slots, you can expend one when you attack with this weapon. It deals an additional 1d8 damage for each level of spell slot you expend. - DM]

Last edited by lord8track on Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 6:42 pm

[Ezythyr, please roll a d20 and we will see what the drow artificer-in-training does to your axe. - DM]
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 6:44 pm

Luck roll...

Oh god, please.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 6:44 pm

The member 'Ezythyr Coalthane' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 20
Back to top Go down
https://inspiredbyadventure.forumotion.com
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 6:56 pm

[Ezythyr, your critical success on the 'Luck' roll yields pleasant results. -DM]

While you appeared rather cavalier, Ezythyr, you are visibly concerned as the drow merchant disappears behind the wagon covering with your axe, the enchanted hammer, and the fire staff. You hear the creak of an opening latch and hinge, followed by the clang of weaponry being dropped. What you hear next is concerning:

A handsaw cutting furiously. Metal spikes splintering wood. The sound of viscous liquid being poured, then the sound of steel corroding and melting.

Then there's an explosion from the wagon. A cloud of blue smoke rises from the wagon, and you hear Nermalin whispering incantations. The smoke then sucks back into the wagon opening, and a bright flash causes Odeeren to turn his head, and roll his eyes in disgust.

Nermalin exits the wagon, holding your battleaxe.
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 7:02 pm

"Is it...is it done?" Ezythyr has dropped all facade of calmness.
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 7:08 pm

Nermalin: "So, dwarf, the bad news is that the box must've reacted funny to that non-standard Staff of Fire, and I'm out one magic staff. The good news is..."

She holds up your battleaxe, and it shines in the moonlight with a scarlet red light. She then holds it out to you handle first.

"The good news is that the axe survived and my second artificed weapon is majestic! Take it, and enjoy! Tell your friends about me, and maybe someday I'll ditch Fantasy Costco for good!"

[Ezythyr, you take posession of what can only be named a custom Battleaxe of Fiery Might; a battleaxe that does 1d8 (or 1d10 if two-handed) slashing damage, with a +2 to attack and damage rolls made with this magic weapon. When you hit a creature with this magic weapon, it deals an extra 2d6 necrotic damage. You gain temporary hit points equal to the extra necrotic damage dealt. BUT... If the enemy is vulnerable to fire, it takes 2d8 necrotic damage that is then conferred to you as temporary hit points. Update your inventory accordingly, please. - DM]
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 7:15 pm

Odeeren: "Don't you quit now, Nermalin, I need your help... and your organs, if we ever miss the quota again."

Nermalin responds jokingly to his plea.

Nermalin: "What, have you finally run out of testicles? Oh dear, what more can Lord Garfield take?"

Odeeren frowns, then lowers his head in shame, presumably after realizing he's plum out of "plums" for his Deals Warlock.
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 7:17 pm

"Do ye know what ye've done, lad?" Kidrin's voice spoke reverentially. "Ye've got yer hands on a masterpiece." The hollow voice echoes in laughter. "We witnessed history! It needs a name!"

Ezythyr nods in agreement. "Aye, it needs a name." He thinks a moment. "I'll call it...Arbuckler!"

"It's a bit wierd but it oddly fits. Good job, lad. Keep an eye on that gel. She's goin' far."
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 7:25 pm

Ezythyr, the spirit of Morkan apparates again, next to you.

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 Morkan10
Morkan: "Hey, listen... it's odd, right? I don't sense that strange magic on this axe, only on the pistol. That magic that nearly killed Dhakec... It's not on your Arbuckler--which seemed a better name for a shield, but don't listen to me, I'm dead--so I'm not so sure she made that enchanted flintlock herself. You should keep an eye out for whoever this master of hers is."

He disappears again.

Last edited by lord8track on Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Name: Thokk Warhorn
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 7:26 pm

"Thanks for the cleaning, Kayti, I appreciate it even if the smell is less than ideal. I guess folks like us gotta take an advantage whenever we can get one, huh?" He takes the armor and places it next to his bed. "Say, I don't know to what degree you function as a concierge or if you're just one of those no-nonsense innkeeps, but are there any particularly odd carts, say the kind that a Tiefling, a necromantic Dwarf, and a bard with a sordid past might be attracted to?"
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 7:35 pm

Thokk, she pokes her head in the doorway to respond.

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 90d0f010
Kayti: "Well, I've been hearing a lot of negative buzz from the townsfolk about that red and blue wagon, and its elven merchants. In the Night Market, negative buzz means the merchant guild is just jealous. All the guild-affiliated merchants here sell anything you can think of, straight-forward weapons, armor, and equipment. Maybe this 'Fantasy Costco' has something new and different? Go check 'em out, I think. Always support small business. Our place here is in trouble if that Thom Bodette opens a 'Motel of Six Serpents' around here."

She disappears down the hall again. "Again, sorry about the chainmail, your stay is definitely on the house!"
Back to top Go down
downwarddawn

downwarddawn

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2736

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 8:49 pm

None of this has gone the way Cordial had expected. When she's lost her temper in the past, she certainly has not been showered with gifts. Maybe all this time trying to purge herself of her dark side was misguided. Surely embracing it isn't the answer, but perhaps there's something to be gained from exploring it further and finding a way to manage it. Certainly, it seems to be a way to garner respect. And cool-ass weapons.

Cordial accepts the Fantasy Costco Healer's Kit from Odeeren with a small nod of acknowledgment. After testing the balance of the pistol, she speaks to Nermalin. "Your work is admirable. I hope we cross paths again. I would like to see your future creations."

To Ezythyr, she says, "I appreciate your generosity. I'm going to need some target practice." With a big smile, she pulls the pistol out again and peers down the sights.
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 8:59 pm

"Me generosity only extends so far." Ezythyr steps back, out of the sights of the weapon. But he grins and winks at her.
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Name: Thokk Warhorn
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 8:04 am

Thokk makes his way out the door and toward the cart.
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 9:14 am

"Thokk! Yer lookin' fresher." He gestures to the wares on display. "Many fine goods for sale." The dwarf tosses him the gem of brightness. "This might get ye a deal."
Back to top Go down
downwarddawn

downwarddawn

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2736

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 3:47 pm

Cordial wanders away from the wagon, collecting rocks and sticks and random debris as she goes. The wagon having been set up at the end of the market street, she doesn't have to go far to find an open area. Clearly, with so many different merchants in this area, it must be difficult to keep them from disposing of unwanted items in any way they see fit. She scoops up some overripe produce and sets them up on several cracked and broken barrels.

She loads a medium-sized rock into the pistol and takes aim at a very large, somewhat worm-eaten potato. She breathes in, puts her finger on the trigger, and releases her breath slowly as she squeezes...

(Dex +3)
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 3:47 pm

The member 'downwarddawn' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 18
Back to top Go down
https://inspiredbyadventure.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward
Page 3 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next