Inspired by Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A play by post 5E DnD campaign created and played by fans of The Adventure Zone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward

Go down 
+2
downwarddawn
Mikegld561
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Name: Ezythyr Coalthane
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentCurrentTotalTotal
Hit PointsHit Points3838
Temporary Hit PointsTemporary Hit Points14

Inspiration: No

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 6:59 pm

"And the hammer? Or boots? Or gloves?" He couldn't stop his curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Name: Thokk Warhorn
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828
Temporary Hit PointsTemporary Hit PointsN/A

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 10:49 am

OOC: Nice!

Thokk gives an awkward wink at the Kayti and heads to the bath, where he regrets the wink as he soaks.
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points99999999

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 11:06 pm

[Thokk, please roll a Charisma check to resolve your flirtation with Kayti, which did not go unnoticed. - DM]
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 11:21 pm

Nermalin looks over the table, then looks at her parchment list to find the items. She points to and names each, respectively.

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 3e4c9812
Nermalin: "Um, okay... Let's see... Ok, here they are, Hammer of Might, Jelly Boots, and Power Gloves, for 850 gold, 550 gold, 650 gold, sales negotiable and..."

Odereen interjects, rather irritated.

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 5bf57613
Odeeren: "That's it, Nermalin? You're not even trying to move this merch. If you're going to be here, you could at least pretend to enjoy this work..."

He looks back at the group, apologetically. "My dear friends, please forgive the lady here for her lack of exuberance for the art of trade, she is new to the company and our practices. I will happily elaborate to you the qualities of this fine equipment."
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 11:43 pm

With the gusto of a young, hopeful salesman, Odeeren holds up the steel warhammer by its silver handle, and catches glints of moonlight in its metallic head and curved spike. He clarifies that the Hammer of Might is a heavy maul, meant for use with two-handed combat. When the weapon makes contact and damages its opponent, the vigor lost is transferred to its wielder, imparting a temporary but critical battle advantage.

He continues, donning a pair of rubber gloves and lifting up the pair of greenish-brown boots by the collars. He describes these Jelly Boots as "more utilitarian than fashionable", as they were coated with a thin layer of acid collected from lesser Gelatinous Cubes. While the boots appeared quite foul and loathsome to the casual observer, the acidic glaze made them great in unarmed (or footed, as it were) combat, and provided surprising cushioning and support in acrobatic endeavors.

Lastly, the Power Gloves, as described by Odeeren, confers strength to their comparatively "feeble" wearers. In an unusual bit of branding, the left glove is colored in a bright crimson red, while the right glove is dyed in a eye-catching royal blue, which is intended to match the Fantasy Costco logo and swatch.
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 11:48 pm

[To recap:

Hammer of Might - Two-handed maul, deals 2d6 bludgeoning damage. You gain a +2 bonus to attack and damage rolls made with this magic weapon. When you hit a creature with this magic weapon, it deals an extra 2d6 necrotic damage. You gain temporary hit points equal to the extra necrotic damage dealt, which goes away at the end of combat.

Jelly Boots - Unarmed strikes with the feet deal 1d4 acid damage, instead of bludgeoning damage. While you are wearing the boots, you can use your reaction when you fall to reduce any falling damage you take by an amount equal to five times your proficiency bonus. When you do this, you can immediately make an unarmed strike against a creature within 5 feet.

Power Gloves - Common variety, raises Strength score to 15 when worn. - DM]
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 12:23 pm

+2
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 12:23 pm

The member 'Mikegld561' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 1
Back to top Go down
https://inspiredbyadventure.forumotion.com
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 12:28 pm

OOC: Yikes, but ultimately appropriate.

Thokk continues his soak, gently muttering the words to the Kap'n Kobbie theme song under the murmur of the faucet. "Kap'n Kobbie, he's the one/ the Kobold who has lots of fun/ In the mines or in the woods/ Kobbie does what Kobbie should." Thokk turns the water off and looks around nervously before settling back into the warm bath and running through the things he might need before they set off again.
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 2:52 pm

Ezythyr looks contemplative for a moment. "Any chance ye can swap the enchantments on the axe and maul?" He thought a moment more. "Or better yet, could ye put the maul's enchantment on me own axe?"
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 6:34 pm

[Thokk, that Charisma check is a critical failure, which means... - DM]

Thokk, as you soak in the bath, you hear very faint footfalls in the doorway behind you; someone is sneakily waiting outside the bath, possibly preparing to walk in. However, as you complete your recitation of the "Kap'n Kobbie" theme and relax again, a large, errant soap bubble rises from the bath, filled with a noticeable amount of soapy water and some glowing gloop from the Diseased Giant Rats. It ascends about six inches before popping, and the chemical reaction between the soap, water, and blood somehow result in a rather prolonged bubble-popping sound, that almost resembles significant flatulence. You find it rather humorous in your peaceful reverie, and laugh softly to yourself.

The person waiting outside the bath room, however, does not. After hearing the perceived "fart and giggle", you hear rapid steps, as the presence moves quickly away from the doorway and back down the hall.
Back to top Go down
downwarddawn

downwarddawn

Character sheet
Name: Cordial Deadheart
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2736

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 12:43 pm

Cordial has been quite quiet, gazing at the items in interest, but feeling that the meagre coin she has in her pouch will not buy her more than meat, mead, and a place to lay her head. She is taken aback by the presence of the flintlock however, and as she is fondling the robe, her eyes, and then her hand, drift towards this rare item.
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 12:56 pm

Ezythyr, your unusual request piques the interest of Nermalin, whose eyes widen very suddenly, and she responds with enthusiasm.

Nermalin: "I KNOW, RIGHT?!?! Artisinal and bespoke gear for the discerning adventurer, right, not this generic, over-branded stuff? I mean, it all works well enough, but maybe it's not exactly what I want, so why settle? I've been apprenticing as an artificer, and I have this box that..."

Odeeren quickly covers Nermalin's mouth with his hand, glaring angrily at her as he interjects.

Odeeren: "... That isn't really worth mentioning at the moment, heeeheeeheeh... What's on hand is what we have for sale, and once it's gone, it's gone. Such quality won't be available for long, earliest birds get the Fantasy Costco worms!"

He motions back to Nermalin and points to her and the remaining crates. She rolls her eyes, and walks away from the table. She lifts a small crate up to load into the wagon, and climbs in and begins writing in a small journal. Odeeren then looks back to the table, and sees you, Cordial, looking over the flintlock on the table. His face, already reddened by his frustration at Nermalin, somehow becomes even more visibly flushed.
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 1:12 pm

Odeeren: "Oh, my dear, pay no attention to this pistol, it was placed there mistakenly, not really worth your time..."

He quickly snatches the flintlock up off the table, and shoves it into an open crate. Nermalin overhears the exchange, and yells out from the back of the covered wagon.

Nermalin: "That's one of my 'box creations', I removed the original flint and trigger mechanism and replaced them with enchanted magnets. I also widened the slot and muzzle for any ammunition, even small rocks or coins if that's all you have. It's definitely..."

Odeeren again interrupts quickly, rather flustered by his sales partner.

Odeeren: "... NOT FOR SALE, as it is not part of the tonight's selections. My dear, I saw you were interested in the robe, would you like to try it on?"
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 3:29 pm

Ezythyr's eyebrows, not that far from each other as it is, meet in irritation. "We asked for a service and the gel said she'd be interested. Let her finish or lose our custom!"

"Are ye gonna lose yer temper to a merchant? Calm down, lad. He's just puttin' the gel in her place."

With a brief amount of concentration, Ezythyr focused on removing his uncle's mouth. Unfortunately, that's not how this connection works and he managed to just look more irritated.
Back to top Go down
downwarddawn

downwarddawn

Character sheet
Name: Cordial Deadheart
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2736

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 6:34 pm

Cordial had been transfixed by the flintlock; she had been more interested in the rarity of the pistol than she had been in actually purchasing it, even if she had a purse full of coins. When the elf unceremoniously scoops up the pistol and snaps at his counterpart, her reverie is broken and she looks startled and almost apologetic.

Her meekness is short lived, however, and after the elf's rudeness has had a moment to register, her black eyes glimmer and then narrow. She reaches back and pulls out Monty and slams the point of the staff down onto the cobblestones in front of her. Odeeren had been standing close to her, picking up the robe and offering it to her. She snatches it out of his hands and throws it aside.

"Yfi larce, ahmfcpqc, wpnu-raxycpfiw lfx," she spits at him, "how dare you talk down to this woman? She is infinitely more talented than you. And you will not dictate to me what I can and cannot look at."

Perhaps it was something the elf said.

(Intimidation +3)
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 6:34 pm

The member 'downwarddawn' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 15
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 1:02 am

[Cordial, your Intimidation check of 15 +  3 succeeds.]

Eledriar, Ezythyr, and Cordial, you can faintly hear Nermalin chuckling quietly in the wagon, as Odeeren is quite flustered by your reactions. He ducks down quickly to pick the robe off of the floor, and stands up again, visibly upset but holding his composure.

Odeeren: "I'm... this pistol... ahhhhh, very well. Our master, the Deals Warlock would insist that the customer is always right, and if I had carelessly left my hand on the table he would have me chop it off at the customer's behest."

He pulls the pistol out of the crate and grips it.

"Curious, very curious... excellent balance, supple elderwood grip. Iron sight line is perfection. The arcana in this weapon is far beyond... ahem, matches the quality and craftmanship of all our goods tonight."

He returns both the robe and flintlock pistol to the table, sighing in resignation. He looks back to the wagon before addressing the three of you directly.

"To all three of you, my sincerest apologies, I forget my place; such a diverse group of adventurers deserve our finest goods, and finer service. What do you have for trade to the Fantasy Costco? Allow us to make your shopper dreams into reality."
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 1:20 am

Ezythyr rummaged through his packs. "I've got four large rubies, a gem of brightness, and I may be willing to trade this fully charged Staff o' Fire, dependin'. Those go for all of us. I've a few other items but we'll wait on those. I'd still like an answer from the gel about enchantin' me axe."
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 1:22 am

Ezythyr, as the elven merchant picks up the flintlock pistol, you hear Morkan speak, as his spirit apparates next to you, on the side opposite of your uncle's spirit.

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 Morkan10
Morkan: "Hey, listen! 'Dhalkel'der huulkhaar'... uh... what is it I'm trying to say... FAMILIAR! The magicks within that weapon feel very familiar to me. As though I've encountered that energy before, but I can't remember where."
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 1:30 am

OOC: Should I roll something?
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 1:48 am

[You could test Morkan's feels with an Arcana check, if you're inclined. - DM]

Odeeren: "Ooooooooooh, magnificent, nothing says 'we've met our sales quota, Lord Garfield, please don't hurt me' like five large gems, especially rubies! The gems are fair compensation for any of the items on the table, but I will not speak for the pistol."

Nermalin exits the wagon, and looks over your axe, Ezythyr.

Nermalin: "Looks pretty heirloom, that axe... could probably enchant it. Might be a bit risky if I do it, but I can try if you're not too precious about me possibly vaporizing it. I want that fire staff though, as trade for whatever enchantment you want 'magi-spliced' into your axe."

She then looks over at Cordial.

"The pistol's one of a kind, a little outside my capabilities so I cribbed my teacher's notes to make it. I'll let you have it, in exchange for a set of armor you're not using. I wanna expand my portfolio beyond small arms."
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 2:00 am

Eledriar, as you watch your comrades resume trade with the Fantasy Costco elves, you feel a slight vibration from your hip, and hear Jeremy's voice in your head.

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 Rapier10
Jeremy the Dancing Sword: "Grab that robe. Trust me."
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 8:33 am

Ezythyr sets his axe down, and then the fire staff atop it. He pulls out a set of the leather armor he got from the false wardens and sets that down too, nodding at Cordial. He the tosses the rubies to Eledriar.

"Pick what ye want, lass." He turns back to Nermalin. "If ye destroy me axe, I won't be too upset so long as he do yer best craft. We dwarves are no strangers to the perils of enchantin'. I'd like the same as on the maul, please."

He extends his wizardly senses to the pistol, trying to be surreptitious.

---

Arcana +5
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 8:33 am

The member 'Ezythyr Coalthane' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward
Page 2 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next