Inspired by Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A play by post 5E DnD campaign created and played by fans of The Adventure Zone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward

Go down 
+2
downwarddawn
Mikegld561
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentCurrentTotalTotal
Hit PointsHit Points
Temporary Hit PointsTemporary Hit PointsN/A

Inspiration: No

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 3:56 pm

The member 'lord8track' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 13
Back to top Go down
https://inspiredbyadventure.forumotion.com
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points99999999

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 4:05 pm

[Sahuagin D matches the DC of 14, resisting Cordial's Frostbite spell. - DM]

Cordial, as you raise your fingers and point them at the fishperson attacking Eledriar, mist and vapor collect around your hand, eventually forming into small particles of ice and snow. The frosty projectiles float briefly, then are magically flung toward the Sahuagin D's face, knocking against its fishy left cheek and making it very cold and somehow wetter than a sea-dwelling creature would be accustomed to.

The Sahuagin D looses a slobbery sneeze, shakes its head, and blows some air out of its gills before refocusing itself on the hunt.
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 4:23 pm

[Sahuagin B is dead, so Sahuagin C is next to act. - DM]

The Sahuagin C--anguished and enraged--looks out to the sea, seems to notice something in the water, and nods its head at seemingly no one. It drops the dead fishperson torso it was holding onto the sand, and bares its burly fish lifters with its sharp claws exposed. Its beady yellow eyes gloss over to a shiny red color as it is taken over by bloodlust and a desire for revenge, and it sprints with purpose across the embattled beach, to close distance with you, Ezythyr.

[Sahuagin C will achieve melee distance with you, Ezythyr, on its next turn. Thokk, you are next to act. Within your range, you have Sahuagin A and E heading back toward the edge of the water, and Sahuagin D attacking Eledriar and possibly Cordial. Sahuagin C is out of range, heading to Ezythyr. - DM]
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Name: Thokk Warhorn
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 9:30 am

Seeing the two Sahuagin head back to the water, Thokk notices that Eledriar is in danger, and runs over to help her, swinging his sword at Sahuagin D with both hands on his longsword.

(A two hand attack lets me roll 1d10 damage, is that acceptable?)
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 9:30 am

The member 'Mikegld561' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 7
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

(Att +6, sorry I forgot to include that)
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 6:33 pm

[Thokk, your melee attack roll of 7 + 6 beats Sahuagin D's AC, roll 1d10 damage. - DM]
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2017 9:35 am

(so sorry for the late response)
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2017 9:35 am

The member 'Mikegld561' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd10' : 10
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2017 9:36 am

(+2)
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2017 9:55 am

(Apparently, +7, actually)
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 6:20 pm

[Thokk, you render 13 points of fatal slashing damage on Sahuagin D. - DM]

Eledriar, you see a rampaging half-orc rushing towards your position and quickly dive out of the way.

Thokk, you hold your Vorpal Longsword low and to the side with both hands, having briefly forgotten how surprisingly lightweight your blade feels. You pull the blade upward in a sweeping motion, and the tip of your silver sword makes contact with a distracted Sahuagin D. Like a hot knife through an unwilling syrupy pancake, you cut the fishperson from groin to shoulder blade, and watch with morbid curiosity as the fishy flesh slowly separates from bottom to top, ignoring any bone, sinew, or semblance of armored coverings. The bewildered and confused fishperson casts a horrified glance, before his head and half of his body fall in one direction, and the other half falls the other way.

After witnessing this, you raise your blade in front of you, and observe fishy guts effortlessly sliding down the silvery surface of your vorpal sword onto the sand beneath.

[Sahuagin E will be next to act. - DM]
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 6:26 pm

Sahuagin E continues its crawl towards the ocean, seemingly towards refuge from the land-dwellers and their heretical magicks. As its torso reaches the sea, you watch its body disappear beneath the waves.

[Sahuagin E has retreated from combat, and only Sahuagin A remains on the beach, but is also moving away from the party. The Young Boy will act next. - DM]
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2017 6:22 pm

The young boy runs toward the edge of the water and reaches into his red robes. Pulling out a potion bottle filled with yellow fluid, he tosses it into the far waters where the sea appeared to bubble and foam.

The ocean--previously appearing cloudy and murky--clears up to reveal the creatures bubbling underneath. A school of small fish darts away from the sudden exposure to sunlight, and a large, disgusting, fishlike beast comes into view. Tentacles dance around its massive form, with a long, darting tail pushing it slowly out of the window into the water... towards the shoreline. Sahuagin A, from its prone position on the sands, yells in a blubbery fashion in the direction of the beast. In seconds, about sixty feet from the shore, the ocean surface is breached and a massive fishbeast raises its head and roars, almost dragonlike in its timbre. Four long tentacles rise out of the water, and pick up Sahuagin A, gently lowering it onto its back. With its fishperson master, the sea creature begins swimming towards the party on land.

The young boy calls out to the party, "ABOLETH!!! Keep it in the water, we just need to stall it!

[Sahuagin A mounts the Aboleth as its turn, and the mounted Aboleth is considered one opponent in this encounter. Order is back to the top, Ezythyr is next, a large Aboleth is out of melee range, advancing on the party and the Young Boy. - DM]
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Name: Ezythyr Coalthane
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838
Temporary Hit PointsTemporary Hit Points14

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 2:18 pm

OOC: Apologies for the lateness! I didn't get any notifications.

---

Hearing the boy, Ezythyr quickly runs toward the water, muttering an incantation. As he reaches the waters edge, he disappears, reappearing on top of the aboleth. Before the two enemies can react, he quickly slams down his fiery axe.

---

Casting Misty Step to appear on top of the aboleth next to the Sahuagin.

Casting Green Flame Blade on the aboleth. +7 melee attack
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 2:18 pm

The member 'Ezythyr Coalthane' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 12
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 8:47 pm

[A melee attack roll of 12 + 7 will hit the Aboleth, OK to roll damage... tee hee... - DM]
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 9:00 pm

1d8 +2d6 necrotic +5 damage. And the sahaugin takes 4 fire damage.

And that should end my turn. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 9:00 pm

#1 'd8' : 6

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' : 2, 3
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 6:21 pm

[Ezythyr, your melee attack inflicts a total of 16 points of damage--slashing and necrotic--on the Aboleth, and Sahuagin A receives a fatal 4 points of fire damage. - DM]

Ezythyr, falling downward, you use gravity and momentum to drive your axe into what you believe to be the neck of the Aboleth, and the withered cut looses brown flesh and blood into the sea air, as well as a small green flame that hops onto the back of Sahuagin A. As it lay prone on the Aboleth, the fishperson's body is consumed by the green fire, leaving a scorched fish corpse on the large monstrocity's rear. Sahuagin A releases a final, anguished breath from its smoking, charred mouth.

Your axe begins to slide towards the edge of the Aboleth's wound, the weapon made slick by a disgusting mucus coating around the beast's body. Without a quick reaction, you may continue to fall along the side of the sea creature, towards the waters surrounding the beast and ever closer to its head and jaws...

[Sahuagin A is no more, leaving only the Aboleth as primary aggressor in this encounter. Ezythyr, please roll a Dexterity saving throw to determine where you land--either on the monster or into the ocean--after your melee attack. - DM]
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 6:36 pm

Dex +3
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 6:36 pm

'd20' : 13
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 5:53 pm

[Your Dexterity of 13 + 3 saves. - DM]

Ezythyr, you deftly land on the large, monstrous spine of the Aboleth, and catch your weight and balance yourself. You feel the skin of the beast to be rather sticky, with an odd, almost sweet odor emanating from it. Two tentacles rise out of the water on your landing, and their spongy tips point in your direction.

[Cordial is next to act. Only Ezythyr has melee range on the Aboleth--which is still sixty feet away from the shore--so closing distance for any melee attacks will require some swimming. - DM]
Back to top Go down
downwarddawn

downwarddawn

Character sheet
Name: Cordial Deadheart
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2736

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 2:37 pm

Cordial watches as Ezythyr appears on the aboleth and cuts down its rider, hearing the young boy call out to the group that they need to stall it. Unfamiliar with aboleths, Cordial isn't immediately sure how she can best help her companions in this situation. She calls back to the boy, "stall it?"
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2018 10:33 pm

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 18 Appren11

Young boy: "Yes, the guardian should be on its way back, we need to give it more time! Attack the aboleth so it doesn't crawl onto shore! In fact..."

The young boy squints in the direction of the beast, and points.

"Do you have anything that could keep those tentacles off your mate, they're angling to hurt him real bad!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 18 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward
Page 18 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next