Inspired by Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A play by post 5E DnD campaign created and played by fans of The Adventure Zone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward

Go down 
+2
downwarddawn
Mikegld561
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentCurrentTotalTotal
Hit PointsHit Points99999999
Temporary Hit PointsTemporary Hit PointsN/A

Inspiration: No

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 4:07 pm

[Cordial, your ranged attack roll of 18 + 3 is successful against the potato. - DM]

With a small, audible clink, the Railgun Pistol sends the rock flying through the air, faintly glowing as it flies toward its target. By some strange providence, as you fired the weapon a small diseased rat happened to climb up the barrel, seeking to gnaw on that wormy potato. The glowing rock projectile makes contact and slams into the potato, just as the rat has laid its claws onto it. The impact sends both flying off into the open field.

Your hand is again compelled into a proficient gunspin, weapon twirling at your side before you lower it again into your belt. You hear a magical hum from the weapon, feeling almost as though it approves of what has transpired.
Back to top Go down
downwarddawn

downwarddawn

Character sheet
Name: Cordial Deadheart
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2736

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 4:32 pm

Cordial can't contain her excitement, and she looks around to see if anyone was paying attention to her righteous takedown of that tater (and company). She then looks at the badly bruised apple she lined up on the next barrel. She rummages through her pouch and pulls out a rough tin slug, which had likely been tossed aside after someone tried to pass it off as a proper coin. "Let's see what this'll do, Ralphie," she says quietly to her pistol as she drops the metal into the barrel.

She peers down the sights again, draws a breath, releases and fires.

(Dex +3)
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 4:32 pm

The member 'downwarddawn' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 1
Back to top Go down
https://inspiredbyadventure.forumotion.com
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 4:42 pm

[Cordial, your ranged attack against the apple is a critical failure. - DM]

With another small, audible clink, the Railgun Pistol sends the metal slug flying through the air, faintly glowing as it flies towards its target. By some strange providence, as you fired the weapon a small, homeless boy happened upon the bruised apple on the barrel, hoping to take what appeared to be a free meal. The glowing metal projectile misses the apple and hits the barrel's edge, splintering the wood on impact and just barely missing the tiny fingers of the hungry boy. The impact leaves the apple untouched, and sends the boy crying and yelling, as he runs off into the open field.

You again hear a magical hum from the weapon, feeling almost as though it still approves of what has transpired.
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Name: Thokk Warhorn
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 9:10 am

Thokk finally rolls up to where Cordial is taking shots at produce. "Cool! I mean, obviously not the part where you nearly maimed that child. . . what do you have there?"
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Name: Ezythyr Coalthane
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838
Temporary Hit PointsTemporary Hit Points14

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 10:05 am

"Ye don't happen to have any int'restin' bones do ye?" He asks the merchants.
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 12:24 pm

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 3e4c9812
Nermalin: "Probably shouldn't mention anything involving bones or organs around this fella, he's a bit sensitive, having had to sacrifice several of his own bits to the Deals Warlock when the sales are weak."

Odeeren gulps, then responds to your inquiry, Ezythyr.

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 5bf57613
Odeeren: "No bones, no organs, just goods here. By the way, if YOU happen to have any spare body parts, possibly of the elven male reproductive variety, I would happily accept those in a side trade."
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 12:41 pm

"I'll...er...keep that in mind." He looks over the test of the goods. "What else ye got fer sale?"

----

OOC: Just filling time. Also curious. Razz
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 12:59 pm

Odeeren: "We've a few more items of note. Would you be interested in a scimitar intended for more acrobatic mages, or a longbow that enhances a master archer's abilities, perhaps? The enchanted robe that Miss Cordial had been interested, or this... bottle? Lord Garfield insists that a bottle of enchanted bees is a hot seller, but this batch has colored bees... Take your pick, and I'll tell you more!"
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 1:06 pm

"Bees?"
Back to top Go down
downwarddawn

downwarddawn

Character sheet
Name: Cordial Deadheart
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2736

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 1:59 pm

Cordial winces as the shot leaves the barrel, something in her gut tells her the shot isn't quite right. She audibly sucks in air through her clenched teeth as she sees the boy reaching for the apple, wondering how she could have missed seeing him ahead of time. She smacks her forehead with her right hand as her left, again unbidden, swirls the gun and slides it into its holster.

"Sorry!" she calls to the boy fruitlessly as he runs off screaming. She turns back to the others, winces again and says, "I think that's enough target practice for now."

As Thokk approaches her and asks about the pistol, she offers to let him see it, but suggests they wait for a more secluded area before he gives it a go. She takes the strange appearance of his chainmail as a quick way to change the subject and asks, "did you have it tie-dyed?"
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 3:19 pm

Odeeren: "Yes, a bottle of red and blue honey bees. They produce an exquisitely unique honey, unlike anything on the Sword Coast; aggressively sweet with a smoky backbite, excellent for tea. Sadly, this is one of the items that, in all of our travels in the Sword Coast, has NEVER sold."
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 3:29 pm

"It might make a good mead..." Ezythyr thought it over. "How much?"
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 11:37 am

Odeeren: "I'll gladly give you one bottle of bees and fifty gold pieces for a shiny ruby."

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out the gold coins, placing them on the table next to the bottle.

"Do we have a deal?"
Back to top Go down
galaxysedge

Character sheet
Name: Eledriar Glaeson
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2025

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 7:46 pm

While Odeeren and Ezythyr are speaking, Eledriar picks up the enchanted robe that has been left on the table of goods, running its fabric between her fingers. Intrigued by Jeremy's advice, she decides to ask about it, once the two are finished with their deal.

OOC: I just wanna ask about it but don't wanna interrupt the conversation. basically want to ready an action that's just saying "what does this do" so you don't need to wait for me in between posts Smile
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 7:50 pm

Ezythyr ponders a moment but ultimately shakes his head. "I gave the stones to the lass, and it seems she's wanting to ask a question." He nodded to Eledriar.
Back to top Go down
galaxysedge

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2025

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 2:56 am

Eledriar smiles at Ezythyr. "Thank you - there may yet still be stones left after I'm done here." She now turns to Odeeren. "What is the nature of this robe, might I ask?"
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 10:43 am

Eledriar, Odeeren addresses you.

Odeeren: "Oh my dear, do please indulge yourself with this fine Robe of Avoidance, as the master calls it. One of a kind creation by Lord Garfield, infused with spiritual and ethereal energies that make the wearer dance through any combat encounter. Since we're dealing and the master LOVES rubies... and blood and organs... for two of your stones I'll give you both the robe and our fine bottle of Fantasy Costco-branded bees. Quite a steal!"

Jeremy reacts with a soft vibration.

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 Rapier10
Jeremy: "Wear this, and together we can waltz into any battle, and slay all!"

[Eledriar et al, for your consideration, the Robe of Avoidance. It confers a +2 bonus to AC against ranged attack rolls while you wear it. In addition, the Magic Missile spell now requires a ranged attack roll against you, and if a weapon attack misses you, you have advantage on the next attack roll you make against the attacker before the end of your next turn. - DM]
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 4:42 am

While the merchant was addressing Eledriar, Ezythyr decided to try and find lodging. He recalled the militiaman's directions and headed toward the Red Hook Lodge.
Back to top Go down
galaxysedge

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2025

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 3:25 am

"That sounds like an agreeable deal," she says with a nod, and tosses two of the rubies in Odeeren's direction. As Ezythyr moves to leave, she turns to him. "You still want those bees?"
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Name: Thokk Warhorn
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 9:55 am

"Something like that." Thokk says, suddenly embarrassed of the slight smell coming off the armor. "Had it treated to prevent certain kinds of threats, acid and poison and such. It's an ooooold paladin's trick."
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 11:51 am

Ezythyr turned. "I suppose. How do ye make 'em work?" He asked the merchant.
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 1:44 pm

Odeeren: "While I'm not a honey bee expert, it appears as though the bees produce about a cup's worth of honey per day, judging from the content in the bottle tonight. Should be easy enough to take the lid off and pour it out. Do be slow and deliberate with our branded bees, though, I'm sure the queen and hive will not appreciate any sudden movements."

[To clarify, the Fantasy Costco Bottle of Bees will, once per day, either produce one cup of honey OR, if shaken prior to opening, will release a Swarm of Insects upon the target of choosing within 30 feet (roll a d20 to initiate attack action with item). As mentioned previously, a critical failure roll of the d20 in this scenario will produce... other results. - DM]
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 1:50 pm

"Alright, I'll take it. Could be useful or tasty."
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 2:44 pm

Odeeren: "My dears, you fill this elven heart with joy and relief! Nermalin, we are on our way!"

He hands the Robe of Avoidance to you, Eledriar. He gingerly hands the Fantasy Costco Bottle of Bees to you, Ezythyr, as well as a hookwrap that allows you to attach the bottle to your belt for easy access. He places fifty gold pieces on the table and pushes them towards you.

[I'll update the Magical Items page with the item details as described, Eledriar and Ezythyr, do please update your character sheets to reflect the loss of rubies and the gain of the new items and gold. - DM]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward
Page 4 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next