A play by post 5E DnD campaign created and played by fans of The Adventure Zone.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Ezythyr Coalthane

avatar

Posts : 187
Join date : 2016-12-02
Age : 31
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Ezythyr Coalthane
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentTotal
Hit Points3838
Temporary Hit Points10

Inspiration: No

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:45 pm

"Interesting. A magical construct, eh?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lord8track
Admin
avatar

Posts : 384
Join date : 2016-12-02
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentTotal
Hit Points99999999
Temporary Hit PointsN/A

Inspiration: No

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:11 pm

The boy turns to you, Ezythyr, and answers.

"Yessir, Mister Dwarf," the boy responds, "the 'master' likes to take his walks on the beach here, and before he came, we had an awful problem with seafolk attacks. They'd be dragging people into the water, at all times of the day and night, and drowned or ate 'em. No one felt safe... so when he created the 'guardian', it was safe again. The seaborne still show up, when they get really hungry, but they get ate up real quick."

The shining fin of this 'guardian' continues its travel to the north, and Ezythyr, you see it suddenly dart downward into the water, out of sight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lord8track
Admin
avatar

Posts : 384
Join date : 2016-12-02
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentTotal
Hit Points99999999
Temporary Hit PointsN/A

Inspiration: No

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:12 pm

[Eledriar and Thokk, because you are a distance away from Cordial and Ezythyr and the playing children, I'd like to get Perception checks from you again. - DM]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikegld561

avatar

Posts : 90
Join date : 2016-12-02
Age : 26
Location : Minneapolis

Character sheet
Name: Thokk Warhorn
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentTotal
Hit Points2828
Temporary Hit PointsN/A

Inspiration: No

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:08 am

Thokk approaches the edge of the water and gently puts his hand in, feeling the coolness of it, and getting used to the salt smell of the air. Far from the plains of his birth, the ocean is a thing of mystery for him, as well as a little fear. He looks over at his comrades, interacting with something further down on the beach and turns to Eledriar. "What's going on down there?"

Perception + 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fate
Admin
avatar

Posts : 177
Join date : 2016-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:08 am

The member 'Mikegld561' has done the following action : Dices roll


'd20' : 6

_________________
A flick of the wrist, a roll of the die, your destiny lies in my hands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://inspiredbyadventure.forumotion.com
lord8track
Admin
avatar

Posts : 384
Join date : 2016-12-02
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentTotal
Hit Points99999999
Temporary Hit PointsN/A

Inspiration: No

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:14 pm

Thokk, beyond the mild apprehension at your unfamiliarity of that ocean life you've heard others speak of, you notice nothing additional. The light seabreeze whistles across the links in your armor, as though to offer some reassurance that everything is fine and safe.

[Awaiting a Perception check from Eledriar. - DM]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
galaxysedge



Posts : 65
Join date : 2016-12-04

Character sheet
Name: Eledriar Glaeson
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentTotal
Hit Points2025
Temporary Hit PointsN/A

Inspiration: No

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:17 pm

Eledriar holds out her hand, turning it as the wind blows through her fingers; the smell of the sea is a familiar one from trips in her youth. "What was that you said, Thokk?" she asks, looking around, suddenly realising that she is in a new place and must be alert.

(OOC: Perception +7)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fate
Admin
avatar

Posts : 177
Join date : 2016-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:17 pm

The member 'galaxysedge' has done the following action : Dices roll


'd20' : 5

_________________
A flick of the wrist, a roll of the die, your destiny lies in my hands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://inspiredbyadventure.forumotion.com
lord8track
Admin
avatar

Posts : 384
Join date : 2016-12-02
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentTotal
Hit Points99999999
Temporary Hit PointsN/A

Inspiration: No

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:55 pm

[Eledriar's Perception check clears. - DM]

Eledriar, you look out to the ocean and notice some odd water behavior. Your eyes look out to an area about sixty feet from the shore, where you see what looks like small, green seaweed clumps rising above the water. Five of these clumps appear, and a less paranoid individual would think nothing of the tide very gradually carrying them closer to you and Thokk's position on the beach.

Of course, your travels of late have taught you to take nothing for granted. Moving yourself backward from the water, you watch the clumps continue to move toward you. The seaweed separates as they move closer, revealing large, green fins atop gnarled, growling green faces. These humanoids from the sea expose their heads from underneath the seaweed piles, revealing tense, vibrating gills and jagged, yellow teeth. Their gazes falling on you seem to be communicating extreme hostile intent, by way of their beady little eyes. Eledriar, you know these to be five Sahuagin hunters on approach, beings with ravenous appetites for 'landlubbers', in any sea shanty or lore you can immediately recall.

[Because your Perception check was successful, Eledriar, you are outside the melee/movement range of the five sea people, but Thokk, you will be the closest to them once they emerge fully from the sea. Please roll initiative at this time, Eledriar and Thokk. - DM]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lord8track
Admin
avatar

Posts : 384
Join date : 2016-12-02
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentTotal
Hit Points99999999
Temporary Hit PointsN/A

Inspiration: No

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:57 pm

[Rolling Initiative for Sahuagin A, B, C, D, and E, respectively... - DM]


Last edited by lord8track on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:58 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Formatting police)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fate
Admin
avatar

Posts : 177
Join date : 2016-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:57 pm

The member 'lord8track' has done the following action : Dices roll


#1 'd20' : 6

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 18

--------------------------------

#3 'd20' : 17

--------------------------------

#4 'd20' : 4

--------------------------------

#5 'd20' : 13
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://inspiredbyadventure.forumotion.com
galaxysedge



Posts : 65
Join date : 2016-12-04

Character sheet
Name: Eledriar Glaeson
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentTotal
Hit Points2025
Temporary Hit PointsN/A

Inspiration: No

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:35 am

(+3)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fate
Admin
avatar

Posts : 177
Join date : 2016-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:35 am

The member 'galaxysedge' has done the following action : Dices roll


'd20' : 8

_________________
A flick of the wrist, a roll of the die, your destiny lies in my hands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://inspiredbyadventure.forumotion.com
Mikegld561

avatar

Posts : 90
Join date : 2016-12-02
Age : 26
Location : Minneapolis

Character sheet
Name: Thokk Warhorn
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentTotal
Hit Points2828
Temporary Hit PointsN/A

Inspiration: No

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:50 pm

Initiative + 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fate
Admin
avatar

Posts : 177
Join date : 2016-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:50 pm

The member 'Mikegld561' has done the following action : Dices roll


'd20' : 12

_________________
A flick of the wrist, a roll of the die, your destiny lies in my hands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://inspiredbyadventure.forumotion.com
lord8track
Admin
avatar

Posts : 384
Join date : 2016-12-02
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentTotal
Hit Points99999999
Temporary Hit PointsN/A

Inspiration: No

PostSubject: Sahuagin Battle   Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm

[By my maths, Sahuagin B is first, then Sahuagin C, Thokk, Sahuagin E, Eledriar, Sahuagin A, then Sahuagin D. - DM]

The Sahuagin B slowly ambles towards Thokk. As it and its fishy compatriots emerge fully from the sea, loose seaweed coverings over scaly, sickeningly green humanoid bodies are revealed, dripping a dark greenish, salt watery sludge onto the white sands beneath. All five of the seaborne attackers appear to be armed with primitive spears, that you believe to be shaped from the bones of former meals. The Sahuagin B’s takes an agressive stance about thirty feet from Thokk, and its glistening, taut fish lifters—which distinguish it from the other four sea creatures because of their disturbing large size and definition—quickly raise and hurl its bone spear in Thokk’s direction.

[Rolling Sahuagin B’s ranged attack roll against Thokk... - DM]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fate
Admin
avatar

Posts : 177
Join date : 2016-12-02

PostSubject: Sahuagin Battle   Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm

The member 'lord8track' has done the following action : Dices roll


'd20' : 5
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://inspiredbyadventure.forumotion.com
lord8track
Admin
avatar

Posts : 384
Join date : 2016-12-02
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentTotal
Hit Points99999999
Temporary Hit PointsN/A

Inspiration: No

PostSubject: Sahuagin Battle   Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:39 pm

[Sahuagin B’s ranged attack roll of 5 will not beat Thokk’s AC. - DM]

Sahuagin B’s spear—on your estimation, Thokk—does not appear to be particularly well-balanced, and you hardly flinch as the it is thrown by this attacking fish person. The bone spear wobbles wildly in the air, only to very sadly land in the ground before your feet. The fierce strength with which the spear was thrown does, however, manage to kick up a pile of sand in your direction, dropping an inconvenient amount of it in the knee gap of your chain greaves.

[Will await any reaction—or comment—that Thokk may have for Sahuagin B, before taking Sahuagin C’s action. - DM]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikegld561

avatar

Posts : 90
Join date : 2016-12-02
Age : 26
Location : Minneapolis

Character sheet
Name: Thokk Warhorn
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentTotal
Hit Points2828
Temporary Hit PointsN/A

Inspiration: No

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:55 am

"Are you throwing that at me or to me, fish man? If it's supposed to be a gift, you should know you got sand on me." Thokk clenches his teeth in an effort to seem more bold. It sounded cool, right? He came off as someone in control and collected? Because he hadn't planned on being so close to the sea, and he definitely hadn't counted on mean fish people to come out of the sea and start throwing things at him. Thokk angles a foot to prevent his leg from shaking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
downwarddawn

avatar

Posts : 110
Join date : 2017-02-10
Age : 42
Location : Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Name: Cordial Deadheart
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentTotal
Hit Points2736
Temporary Hit PointsN/A

Inspiration: No

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:23 am

(OOC: should we roll perception to see if we notice anything going on with Thokk and Eledriar?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lord8track
Admin
avatar

Posts : 384
Join date : 2016-12-02
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentTotal
Hit Points99999999
Temporary Hit PointsN/A

Inspiration: No

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:26 pm

[You don't have to roll Perception, I'll update here. - DM]

While Thokk's scathing commentary of the sahuagin's failed assault strikes a chord with the fishy attackers, up the coast, Cordial and Ezythyr, your conversation with the young boy is halted quickly. The boy--looking down the coast to see the surfacing seafolk--motions to the girls.


Boy: "M'ladies, please hurry back to Candlekeep, the seaborne are back again!"

As the two girls make their way northeast, towards the main road, the young boy bends down to the ground and picks up some fist-sized stones and shells, and places them in his satchel. As he sprints in the direction of Thokk and Eledriar and the sahuagin scavengers, he calls out to the two of you.

"The 'master' won't be happy if he finds out that we were messing with the 'guardian' and let some fish people ashore. Help me drive them back!"

[Ezythyr and Cordial, you and this young boy are far enough from the skirmish that you will miss one turn of combat (unless you have any skills/gear/spells that increase your land speed)... if you choose to join the battle. Once the first round of combat has completed I'll have your roll Initiative. - DM]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lord8track
Admin
avatar

Posts : 384
Join date : 2016-12-02
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentTotal
Hit Points99999999
Temporary Hit PointsN/A

Inspiration: No

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:39 pm

[Sahuagin C will act now. - DM]

One of the fishmen--Sahuagin C, in the center of this group of five--is adorned with additional seaweed coverings and bone piercings on body; this one may be the leader of this expeditionary party of seafolk. It calls out in Common, surprisingly, pointing at Eledriar:

"Youu threee, get thee female therre, I'll... help Jerree."

Sahuagin C then pulls a barnacle-encrusted conch shell from his waist and blows into it. The shell horn produces a bellowing but not particularly loud sound, and soon afterward Thokk and Eledriar, you both notice the telltale bubbling of the ocean water again, about seventy feet from the shoreline. The fishperson then holsters the shell horn and draws its bone spear, holding it in the ready position.

[Sahuagin C has taken its action, Thokk is next to act. Sahuagin B is closest to you, within melee range, while A, C, D, and E are still closer to the water, 30 feet away from Eledriar. - DM]


Last edited by lord8track on Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Map pending, updated info on enemy positioning)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
downwarddawn

avatar

Posts : 110
Join date : 2017-02-10
Age : 42
Location : Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Character sheet
Name: Cordial Deadheart
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentTotal
Hit Points2736
Temporary Hit PointsN/A

Inspiration: No

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:24 pm

Cordial turns to see what the boy is talking about and immediately rushes toward her companions to help them. She tosses her staff ahead of her, and thinks to Monty, "how do you feel about angry sea men?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lord8track
Admin
avatar

Posts : 384
Join date : 2016-12-02
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentTotal
Hit Points99999999
Temporary Hit PointsN/A

Inspiration: No

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:43 pm

Strangely enough, Cordial, as you throw it your staff toward the ground before you, it instead levitates midair, floating in front of you as you run down the coastline. You hear your serpentine friend in your mind's ear:


Monty: "I'm normally sssuper excited for seafood and sssailing... but I'm feeling a bit under the weather..."

[Cordial, please roll a Persuasion check at this time. - DM]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ezythyr Coalthane

avatar

Posts : 187
Join date : 2016-12-02
Age : 31
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Ezythyr Coalthane
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentTotal
Hit Points3838
Temporary Hit Points10

Inspiration: No

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:37 am

Ezythyr bolts up the coast to the battle, puffing as his short legs try to keep up with the energy of the youth. "Bet this'd be easier if I was one a' them beach dwarves." He mutters, struggling through the sand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Hmmmmmmm Which Marine Chapter to choose?
» Imperial Fists Chapter Masters
» Moebius chapter 1 demo
» Veni, Vidi, Vici Chapter 1- Minerva and the Shepherd
» [A] Chapter of Holy Anethion

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Inspired by Adventure :: Campaign :: Chapter 3-
Jump to: