Inspired by Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A play by post 5E DnD campaign created and played by fans of The Adventure Zone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward

Go down 
+2
downwarddawn
Mikegld561
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentCurrentTotalTotal
Hit PointsHit Points
Temporary Hit PointsTemporary Hit PointsN/A

Inspiration: No

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 10:18 am

The member 'Mikegld561' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 8
Back to top Go down
https://inspiredbyadventure.forumotion.com
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points99999999

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 12:03 am

[Thokk, your melee attack roll of 8 + 6 (and + 2 from your Gross Chainmail bonus) does not meet the Young Green Dragon's AC, but does well to maintain its attention. - DM]

With your upward slash against the dragon's chest, you actually manage to shear off one or two silvery green scales, and you send them flying upward. The Young Green Dragon recoils, and its neck twitches, its serpentine eyes glaring and following the shiny bits of its natural plating fly through the air. With a snap, it turns and faces you, Thokk, and snorts with contempt; the corners of the beast's mouth curve upward, its shiny razor fangs highlighting a devious smile.

Out of the corner of your eye, you note the greenish fog wall continuing to thin out in the breeze, no longer appearing as gassy and ominous as it did when you first passed through.

[Cordial, it is your turn. The fog wall has not been refreshed by the dragon, so it is beginning to dissipate. You and/or Monty should be able to approach without injury, if you so choose. - DM]
Back to top Go down
downwarddawn

downwarddawn

Character sheet
Name: Cordial Deadheart
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2736

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 1:27 pm

Cordial keeps on eye on the action between the dragon and her companions. She decides to attack the former, seeing that there is nothing she can do to directly help the latter. She thinks to Monty, "yes, restricting the beast's movement will help. Do what you can to keep her from our friends. Perhaps you can disable a claw or keep her from biting."

As she has been keeping a safe distance, slowing approaching the combat area, Cordial has been scanning the ground for small rocks and debris, placing what she finds in a small pouch that is loosely tied around her waist. She stops when she finds a sharp piece of metal, likely the tip of one of the weapons the previous group had used in combat with the dragon.

Cordial draws her pistol with a flourish and places the metal in its chamber, glancing at is as she does so and feeling a strong desire to enchant the makeshift bullet. She lifts the weapon and peers down the sights and aims at the dragon's sizeable head. She realizes Thokk is close enough for the beast to do considerable damage to him, and hopes she can intervene. She fingers the trigger and wraps her other hand around the grip to steady it. As she does so, she feels an almost imperceptible click as her thumb depresses a button she hadn't noticed previously.

(OOC: adding a first level spell slot to this shot, fingers crossed!)

DEX +3
(dragon's AC is -1)
Damage: 2d8
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 1:27 pm

The member 'downwarddawn' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 4

--------------------------------

#2 'd8' : 8, 2
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 2:00 pm

[Cordial's ranged attack roll of 4 + 3 does not meet the Young Green Dragon's adjusted AC, unless... - DM]

Cordial, as you pull the trigger, the metal shard blasts out of the pistol, and barrels towards the dragon's head. Like a pebble against a cliff face, the shot seems to bounce off the dragon's cheek, and ricochets off into the sky. The dragon does not appear to even notice, and you see its head continue to angle in Thokk's direction.

You begin to lower the pistol in frustration... but your hand is compelled to grip the pistol tighter. You feel a gentle vibration in your palm, and a slight heat in your index finger... You retrain the pistol at the dragon's head, and even though you have not had a chance to reload your enchanted pistol, you pull the trigger again.

[Cordial, please roll a d20 again. - DM]
Back to top Go down
downwarddawn

downwarddawn

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2736

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 2:06 pm

(OOC: sweet!)
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 2:06 pm

'd20' : 19
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 2:13 pm

[Cordial, your ranged attack roll of 19 + 3 beats the Young Green Dragon's adjusted AC, I'll have you reroll your charged shot damage as 2d8 + 3. - DM]
Back to top Go down
downwarddawn

downwarddawn

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2736

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 2:18 pm

Damage
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 2:18 pm

'd8' : 4, 6
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 3:04 pm

[Cordial, your ranged attack against the Young Green Dragon does 13 piercing points of damage. - DM]

You don't know what to expect with the second trigger pull, but as you do it, you see a purple flash from the barrel, and for a split-second you see an image flash in your head...

A young, dark-skinned girl with white hair, takes aim with a slingshot at her brother's back...

As your vision flashes back to the view before you, you see two small shards of metal—radiating and piercing the air with a trail of purple light and smoke—darting out of your pistol directly toward the eyes of the green dragon. With a burst of sparks, the arcane projectiles hit their mark, and the dragon's eyes shut, its head tilting away from Thokk. The dragon lets out a painful, ear-shattering scream. Its neck cranes away, waving violently, as the wyrm now struggles to reopen its eyes and regain its bearings. From the look of it, its movement and reactions appear haphazard and uncoordinated, as though it were severely weakened and drained from the cumulative assault of your party.

Cordial, you lower your pistol and watch Monty slither quickly alongside the panicked dragon. The rustle of the giant snake's body through the short grass is muddled by the cheers and screams of the militia audience, all of whom appear thoroughly excited to see such a magical weapon in use.

[The Young Green Dragon is now Blinded; it fails all sight-requiring ability checks, all attack rolls against it have advantage, and it has disadvantage on its attacks until it manages to regain its vision. Monty will attack next. - DM]

Last edited by lord8track on Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:32 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I borked the names)
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 3:10 pm

Monty the Giant Constrictor Snake—taking heed of Cordial's commands, moves quickly toward the dragon, and attempts to curl its tail around the dragon's wings and tail.

[Monty will melee attack roll to Constrict the Young Green Dragon, + 6 bonus. - DM]

Last edited by lord8track on Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I borked the names)
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 3:10 pm

The member 'lord8track' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 7
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 3:11 pm

[Monty rolls again since the dragon is Blinded. - DM]

Last edited by lord8track on Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:33 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I borked the name)
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 3:11 pm

The member 'lord8track' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 8
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 3:40 pm

[MONTY's attack roll still does not successfully beat the dragon's AC. - DM]

As Monty begins to wrap its body around the rear of the Young Green Dragon, it reacts quickly and shifts its weight downward, attempting to crush the snake. The giant constrictor snake quickly slides out of the way, and slithers back a few feet. He calls out to you, Cordial.

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 11 Copy_o10
Monty: "Sorry, misssss, you hit it real good and it's pisssssed... I can't quite get a grip on it without taking a beating, but I can try again if you like!”
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 4:00 pm

[I think it's Ezythyr's turn again. You are behind the angry, significantly weakened dragon, in melee range. - DM]
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Name: Ezythyr Coalthane
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838
Temporary Hit PointsTemporary Hit Points14

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 4:03 pm

Ezythyr, hearing the two cracks of Cordial's strange weapon, and seeing the dragon's extreme reaction, smiled a grim smile and tightened his grip on his axe. With a mighty heave he swings with all his strength into the side of the beast!

---

OOC: +7 vs AC, not bothering with a spell.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 4:03 pm

The member 'Ezythyr Coalthane' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 11

#2 'd20' : 7
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 4:04 pm

OOC: Just in case. I'm going to add that bardic inspiration die from Eledriar.

---

Eledriar's song fills Ezythyr's heart, strengthening his swing!

---

+1d6 to attack.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 4:04 pm

'd6' : 2
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 4:09 pm

The Arbuckler bites into the dragon's hide and with a flash of red light, drinks in it's life, empowering Ezythyr with a jolt of vitality.

---

Damage is 1d8 +5 +2d6 necrotic and whatever the d6 damage is I get in Temp HP.

Last edited by Ezythyr Coalthane on Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 4:09 pm

#1 'd8' : 6

#2 'd6' : 5, 5
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 4:47 pm

[From Ezythyr's successful melee attack, the Young Green Dragon is hit for 11 points of slashing damage, and 10 points of necrotic damage! - DM]

Your enchanted battle axe again makes contact with the dragon's body, but this time it cuts through the dragon meat and hits dragon bone. Green sludge and greenish blood begin to spill out of the footlong chop in the beast's flesh. Additionally, the impact of your powerful strike knocks the dragon sideways, and from the wound edges ribbons of black, necrotic foam ripple across the beast's midsection.

The natural armor of the dragon withers under this weaponized necrosis, and the scales dissolve and loosen their hold on Eledriar's enchanted rapier, just as the dragon's body is whipped to the side. The kinetic energy is more than enough to free Jeremy, sending the blade flipping through the air, and in your direction, Eledriar!

[Eledriar is next in the order, and can begin her turn with a Dexterity saving throw. - DM]
Back to top Go down
galaxysedge

Character sheet
Name: Eledriar Glaeson
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2025

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 5:34 pm

Eledriar yelps as Jeremy goes flying free, and attempts to duck under the flying sword while reaching her hand out to where she expects the handle may come flinging at her...

(OOC: Dex +3, fingers crossed)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward   Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 3: Stabbin' Westward
Page 11 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next