Inspired by Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A play by post 5E DnD campaign created and played by fans of The Adventure Zone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk

Go down 
+2
Mikegld561
galaxysedge
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Name: Ezythyr Coalthane
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentCurrentTotalTotal
Hit PointsHit Points3838
Temporary Hit PointsTemporary Hit Points14

Inspiration: No

Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 4:30 am

OOC: Agreed, on both parts. Smile

---

"Well from Cordial's description, we can head to Baldur's Gate, supply up, and then go through Cloakwood to Candlekeep. That sound like a plan to everyone?"

---

OOC: I always feel like I'm forgetting his accent but I honestly don't know if there's anything I can change to make it more obvious for these sentences. Razz
Back to top Go down
downwarddawn

downwarddawn

Character sheet
Name: Cordial Deadheart
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2736
Temporary Hit PointsTemporary Hit PointsN/A

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 5:52 am

"The north road would be a shorter trip, but likely more eventful, than the south road. I know either road, so whichever you'd like to take is fine with me."
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 5:52 am

The member 'downwarddawn' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 13
Back to top Go down
https://inspiredbyadventure.forumotion.com
downwarddawn

downwarddawn

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2736

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 10:08 am

OOC: lucky number 13 for our adventures on the road Smile
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Name: Thokk Warhorn
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 9:52 am

"Let's shoot north. It might be a bit rougher, but if all we run into are folks like those we dealt with outside, it shouldn't be too much trouble."
Back to top Go down
galaxysedge

Character sheet
Name: Eledriar Glaeson
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2025

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 2:40 pm

"Agreed. Let's head out." She looks to Billiam and Darla and gives a seemingly warm smile. "Thank you both for your hospitality."
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points99999999

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 11:04 pm

The crew of the Angry Pancakes all wave you off, as you depart towards the northern road. "Hurry on back with that key, and you'll see, we're all gonna be set!" Billiam exclaims, waving more excitedly than the others. You happen to notice Thogred pass a skeptical look in Darla's direction, but perhaps it's just ornery old werewolvian skepticism at play there.
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 11:23 pm

[A travel roll--or that's what I'm calling it--of 13 is actually fairly eventful. - DM]

You approach the road, with the sun falling in the western sky. It is late afternoon when you all see signage indicating the caravan town of Scornubel is only about ten miles travel away. The party is keeping a fair pace on the road, but just off in the distance to the right of the road, you encounter what looks like combat between a human male and a slightly smaller humanoid. Both appear to be unarmed, punching wildly and you can easily hear them screaming obscenities in Common and Draconic.

Seems like they're far enough off the main road that you could just conitinue past, as the two seem to be pretty focused on beating each other to a pulp.
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 9:12 am

Ezythyr doesn't hesitate, heading over immediately. Instead of interfering, however, he simply gets close enough to watch, and hopefully glean some insight from what they are screaming at each other.
Back to top Go down
downwarddawn

downwarddawn

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2736

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 9:46 am

(OOC: Ezythyr rushes in. Sort of.)

Cordial also heads towards the scuffle, with the intention of intervening, moderating and in hopes of bringing everything to a happy conclusion. However, she notices that Ezythyr stops short and doesn't speak to them so she hesitates.

Should she see an opportunity, Cordial will attempt to persuade them to stop fighting and share with her the reason for their dispute, with an offer to help (Persuasion +3).
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 12:38 pm

The angered speech of the two unarmed combatants becomes clearer as the party approaches. An older man and a kobold male, moderately bloodied, continue to argue as they punch and kick at each other.

The man yells out, "I'm no stranger to the wilds, that's a bloody direwolf down there!" He swings an arm at the kobold, but misses the kobold's head by a good foot and a half.

The kobold replies in Common, "You're a f*cking idiot, it's a worg! How many direwolves have you encountered that hunt alone?" He runs under the man's fist and continues to pummel his mid-section.

"A worg, you sheltered pile of scales? It's not bloody big enough, you probably couldn't even ride it!"

"It's plenty large enough, you smoothskinned dunce! At least big enough to eat you whole once it wakes!"

['Tis prudent to let you decide if it's worth intervening at this point, and if so, how you want to go about it. I will entertain all outcomes... but try not to die here. - DM]
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 5:07 pm

Ooc: Can I see where they're talking about?
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 1:33 pm

The ground slopes downward and to the east of where the man and kobold are fighting, and in the dusk sun you can make out a small cave inlet less than half a mile away. It's likely to be the area the two are referring to, but you can't be certain.
Back to top Go down
downwarddawn

downwarddawn

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2736

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 7:47 pm

Cordial steps forward, gesturing with her open hands and putting on her friendliest smile. She hopes she can encourage the men to stop fighting. She is also intrigued about the creature they are discussing.

"Friends," she says, "friends, pardon me but I couldn't help overhearing your argument. Surely such a disagreement shouldn't necessitate blows between you? What is your concern with this creature you speak of?"

Persuasion +3
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 7:47 pm

The member 'downwarddawn' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 3
Back to top Go down
https://inspiredbyadventure.forumotion.com
downwarddawn

downwarddawn

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2736

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 7:48 pm

OOC: Wow, a 6.
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 9:09 pm

Ezythyr listens to Cordials half-hearted attempt to talk to the two men, and then glances down toward the cave.

"The best way to settle this is t'see what the beast really is." A phantom of a shrug impressed itself onto Ezythyr's consciousness. "Go see."

Not seeing any harm in the suggestion, the necromancer heads toward the cave. "I'll settle this." He mentions to Cordial as he passes her.
Back to top Go down
galaxysedge

Character sheet
Name: Eledriar Glaeson
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2025

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 4:44 pm

"Want some backup, just in case our smaller friend here is correct about it being a worg?" Eledriar says warmly, but already walks a little faster to catch up to Ezythyr before he has a chance to respond.

OOC: just so y'all know, I'm on vacation for a week and a half - will still try to check in but will probably be less frequent!
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 5:03 pm

[Sorry, a Persuasion roll of 6 won't get them to stop fighting, they are pretty peeved at each other, but they aren't too keen about seeing Ezythyr and Eledriar heading towards the cave. - DM]

The two continue to punch and kick at each other, but as the two of you walk past, the kobold waves his hands at the human male and turns in your direction. They stop fighting and the kobold calls out to you as you walk toward the small cave.

"Whoa, whoa, hold it right there, don't head down there, worgs are no joke, and it's almost feeding time for that one!"

The man chimes in, "Ha, I've got twenty gold in my pocket for you adventurers, bring me back the foot of that DIREWOLF!"

They look over at Cordial. "Yo, tiefling," the kobold says, "don't pay us no mind, we're just a bunch of hunters from Neverwinter, and sometimes we get heated over the creatures we've run into over the years. I've knocked some sense into my friend here many times."

"Truly," the man adds as he rubs his bruised face and chest, "but direwolf, worg, whatever the heck that thing is, there is true danger to be had down there. You better let your friends know, there are at least three dead horses over the ridge a few miles out, with large sections of their flesh shorn out; at the very least, that's a hungry hungry boy wolf."

The kobold shakes his head and elbows the man in the thigh. "Idiot, it's a female worg."

Last edited by lord8track on Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar politzei)
Back to top Go down
downwarddawn

downwarddawn

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2736

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 9:14 pm

Following Ezythyr and Eledriar, Cordial says, "I think I can help - I could try speaking to it, if it seems like we might get away with not having to kill it."

Looking back at the man and kobold, Cordial says, "I'm not sure fisticuffs were necessary in resolving this, but I guess if we don't figure it out, you can go back to killing each other." She smiles and turns back to her new friends, "I do prefer not to kill animals unless I have to, or for food."
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2017 8:31 pm

"Or interestin' bones..." Ezythyr mutters. He stops to wait for his companions but as soon as they catch up he continues on.
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 7:58 pm

Thokk rubs the back of his head. "I'm not sure I can tell the difference between a Direwolf and a Worf by looking. Should we come up with a plan in case this goes belly up?"
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 4:34 am

"Attack the belly?"
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 10:56 am

"Good an approach as any, I guess."
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 6:54 pm

You all approach the clearing before the small cave, and you notice a large mound lying before the entrance. In the faint light of sunset, you notice it very slightly expanding and contracting, indicating respiratory effort. Whatever it is, it is alive and breathing, with its head likely facing away from you as you are unable to make out any facial or head structures.

[Before any additional checks or actions, I need you all to roll Stealth checks, as you are within passive Perception/Detection range of this... thing. - DM]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next