Inspired by Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A play by post 5E DnD campaign created and played by fans of The Adventure Zone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk

Go down 
+2
Mikegld561
galaxysedge
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsCurrentCurrentTotalTotal
Hit PointsHit Points
Temporary Hit PointsTemporary Hit PointsN/A

Inspiration: No

Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 12:47 pm

The member 'Ezythyr Coalthane' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 19
Back to top Go down
https://inspiredbyadventure.forumotion.com
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points99999999

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 1:19 pm

[Wowza, Ezythyr's Arcana check of 19 + 5 succeeds, of course. - DM]

Ezythyr, you pick up the rubied quarterstaff first, to confirm your assumptions about it. You do indeed feel it has expended a few charges, but it is still a plenty useful Staff of Fire. These always end up blackened and ashy, even when wielded by proficient wizards.

You put it down, then pick up the other blackened quarterstaff, a seemingly simple wooden, grayed, slightly sooty one at that. You indeed feel a strange presence, seeming to reside within the staff, maybe even trapped in the staff. The staff vibrates violently, attempting to free itself from your grasp.

A voice speaks within your head, loud and threatening.

"HERETIC, UNPURE, UNNATURAL... YOU ARE SSSURROUNDED BY DEATH... I'LL NOT SPEAK TO THEE!... uh, blast... I said things already... cursesss! Put me down at once, necromancer!"
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Name: Ezythyr Coalthane
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838
Temporary Hit PointsTemporary Hit Points14

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 1:51 pm

"Interestin'." Ezythyr is immediately intrigued by the object And is momentarily distracted from his woes. "What do ye claim to be that ye could pass judgement on me?"
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 1:59 pm

Was told to roll Strength.

+3
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 1:59 pm

The member 'Ezythyr Coalthane' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 6
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 4:07 pm

[Needed a 10 or greater Strength check to continue to grasp the "talking" staff, so 6+3 is just shy. - DM]

"I'm an enchanted ssstaff with issssues, and I know what I sssaw and sssee," the voice speaks to you, Ezythyr, "and I am not a fan. A gerblin was felled by your axe, long before it could have decided to defend itself... Your kin's spirit hangsss over you, like a boon and a curse... Truth be told, I'm a little nervousss, folks getting ambushed left and right. And I think I know what a necromancer like you would do to my former master's body and his fellow magesss, and I can't get down with that. We can talk later, though, maybe? Byeee!"

The staff continues to violently shake and bounce around in your hands, and despite your considerable strength, it manages to escape. It rolls down and toward the cave mouth, tapping against Cordial's boot.

Last edited by lord8track on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:51 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammar police)
Back to top Go down
galaxysedge

Character sheet
Name: Eledriar Glaeson
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2025

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 2:47 am

Eledriar coughs violently as the smoke cloud surrounds her. "Thokk?" she calls, attempting to keep her voice even but wavering slightly. "Thokk, are you alright? Those bastards!" With one arm out in front of her, she cautiously takes several steps forwards to try to escape the smoke cloud, taking it one step at a time to ensure not to bump into anything. The other hand keeps Jeremy held, but close to her side.
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Name: Thokk Warhorn
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 1:44 pm

"I'm alive, but that sucked." Thokk rubs the front of his face and draws a sword, coughing through the cloud. He stumbles forward into the light. "Where's that fucking Kobold?"
Back to top Go down
downwarddawn

downwarddawn

Character sheet
Name: Cordial Deadheart
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2736

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 1:45 pm

With all that has been going on around Cordial, she has actually been increasingly distracted, her mind continuing to return to the worg and the events that had caused the poor beast to attack her own master. The staff bumping up against her boot brought her out of her reverie, determined to attempt to save the worg. Before she had again focused her attention on her surroundings, she was already bent over and picking up the staff, almost absent-mindedly.

(OOC: Strength +3)
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 1:45 pm

The member 'downwarddawn' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 13
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 1:48 pm

[Oops, you beat me to it. Cordial, please roll a Charisma check, with advantage. - DM]

Cordial, you pick up that staff with some sizeable force. It looks like just a quarter-length stick, perfectly rounded with flat tips, in a grayed wood that just makes it seem like nothing special.
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 1:50 pm

Eledriar and Thokk, the smoke seems to linger just long enough to prevent you from seeing the hunters depart the scene. By the time it clears, the galloping sound is all too faint, and they are gone. Without your own mounts, it's not likely that you can pursue or track them.
Back to top Go down
downwarddawn

downwarddawn

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2736

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 1:54 pm

Thinking very little of the staff, Cordial slips it into a holster on her back with the intent of examining it later. She heads to the worg and crouches down over her. She attempts to remove the arrow and dress the wound, all the while murmuring to the beast in soothing tones.

Medicine +4
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 1:54 pm

The member 'downwarddawn' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 15
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 2:22 pm

[These are crazy good Medicine rolls, Cordial, you succeed with the roll of 15 + 4. - DM]

Cordial, you realize that removing the arrow in its entirety would irreparably damage the jugular vein of this worg. You snap off the remaining portion of arrow shaft and fabricate a gauze out of surrounding dirt, leaves, and grass. You press it firmly against the neck of the worg to stop the bleeding, and wrap a very long bandage around the dressing and site.

You do also quickly acknowledge the rapid amount of blood loss also, so you take a Potion of Heaing and pour its contents into the worg's mouth. As you tilt the animal's head back to ensure that it swallows the fluid, you hear its shallow respirations slowly deepen, as though in a deep sleep. Based on previous experience in treating other large beasts, the worg will likely need to sleep--at least three days minimum--before it can fully heal and awaken from its curative coma.

It is likely a good idea to move it to a safer location than out in the open like this, if the worg is to recuperate without incident.

Last edited by lord8track on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adjusted grammar)
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 2:27 pm

Cordial, as you lay a hand over the sleeping worg's neck dressing, something odd occurs. You can see Thokk and Eledriar talking and scanning the area, and Ezythyr is still in the cave collecting the loot. So who's the voice coming from behind that just clicked its tongue and spoke to you just now?

"Nice," the voice says.
Back to top Go down
downwarddawn

downwarddawn

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2736

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 2:37 pm

Cordial turns to look behind her, but not seeing anyone there, she is not overly concerned with voices while she is attempting to care for the beast.

(OOC: how many of us would it take to carry the worg into the cave? I can't picture its size.)

Last edited by downwarddawn on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missing a couple key words)
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 3:58 pm

Ezythyr scowls as the staff bounces out of the cave. Shaken for a moment by the thing's accusations, he stares hard at Glissen's vial. Finally he comes to a decision to not let a length of wood dictate his actions. He unstoppers her vial and lets Glissen slide out onto one of the mages.

"Eat well." He mutters. He then turns his attention to gathering the items. Bundling up the tomes, potions and pouches of components, he stows them safely in his bag. Finally he looks to the staves. Shrugging, he picks up the Staff of Fire, figuring an enchanted staff may come in useful. He straps his old staff to his back and turns back to Glissen, letting his mind wander as he thinks on his sins.

---

OOC: You said the staff had charges? Care to elaborate?
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 12:30 am

[Ezythyr, I've updated the magical items page to reflect the stats of the "Staff of Fire +1". Please add to your character sheet, as well as the remaining items from the mages. I think that's how that works. Cordial, the worg is categorized in the Monster Manual as "large", so it will require all four of you to carry it. - DM]
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 1:07 am

OOC: Character sheet is updated. Charges on the staff are being tracked in my signature. Smile
Back to top Go down
downwarddawn

downwarddawn

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2736

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 10:00 am

As Thokk and Eledriar emerge from the cloud, Cordial looks at them imploringly. "Friends, please will you help me carry this poor creature into the safety of the cave to recover?" She then calls to Ezythyr to come give a hand as well, asking "is there any kind of robe on those men that would serve to carry her on?"

(OOC: Does the Angry House of Pancakes have a symbol of some sort on its signage?)

Last edited by downwarddawn on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a question)
Back to top Go down
Ezythyr Coalthane

Ezythyr Coalthane

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points3838

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 12:10 pm

Ezythyr comes out of his reverie when he hears his name being called. Glancing at Glissen, he sees that she's finished with one corpse, robes and all, and quickly scoops her up into her vial. "Er, yeah. There's...some robes." He strips the clothing off of the two corpses and hurries out to the group. Seeing the body of the goblin, he suddenly makes a decision. He has to at least try to make amends. He hands the robes to Cordial and starts to help load the Worg onto the makeshift stretcher. "When we're done here...I...would like some time with the goblin." He doesn't look Cordial in the eyes, afraid of her reaction.

---

OOC: Not avoiding the other two but Cordial is the only one that Ezythyr feels might object to what he's about to try. Razz
Back to top Go down
lord8track
Admin
lord8track

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 10:57 pm

[No need to roll any checks to carry the worg, but will just need Eledriar and Thokk to confirm that they're going to help you out. Krusk the 2nd's House of Angry Pancakes (or Angry House of Pancakes) does not have any logo; Billiam / Krusk the 2nd felt that using his birth name--intended to evoke the memories of his father's heroic deeds in potential customers--in the signage and advertising would be enough to carry the business. It hasn't really worked out that way. - DM]

Last edited by lord8track on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar politzei)
Back to top Go down
galaxysedge

Character sheet
Name: Eledriar Glaeson
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2025

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 4:22 am

Eledriar nods, sheathing Jeremy, and runs forward to help. "I think it's the least we can do at this point, really."
Back to top Go down
Mikegld561

Mikegld561

Character sheet
Name: Thokk Warhorn
Hit Points:
Hit PointsHit Points2828

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 9:23 am

Thokk trots after Eledriar, still rubbing the spot between his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk   Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2: High Road to Krusk
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next